twisted moon's 2023

twisted moon

another batch.

Skeletons3a.jpg

three essex miniatures interspersed with alternative armies.

Skeletons3b.jpg

i've had to do a fair bit of chopping down of the integral bases on most of these in order to get them to fit on 20mm square bases.

twisted moon

... and the next batch.

Skeletons4a.jpg

essex, alternative armies, scotia grendal, alternative armies, essex.

Skeletons4b.jpg

i'm impressed that the fourth one has managed to retain a full beard along with a head of hair.

ManicMan

nice.

Oh and hair takes a LONG time to go. I think it's kinda the last thing to go (no, it doesn't still grow after death.. you are dead.. the hormones and stuff for it to grow are also dead.. your skin dries out and retracts (due to that) and it can APPEAR that hair is longer) but it does take a long time to fully go.. that said, I think they probebly uses head and shoulders for that silky smooth shine.. or maybe it's because he's worth it?

twisted moon

Oh and hair takes a LONG time to go.
it doesn't normally grow out of the bone, though. at least not in a non-fantasy context.

Skeletons5a.jpg

i finished this batch just before christmas, but have only just had a chance to photograph them.

Skeletons5b.jpg

ral partha, essex, miniatures, alternative armies, essex, alternative armies.
the banner says something along the lines for meet your destiny, but of course you can't see it.

twisted moon

... more nice skellys ^_^
thank you.
another batch, probably the penultimate of the year.

Skeletons6a.jpg

essex miniatures, heartbreaker hobbies and games, alternative armies, ral partha, and essex.

Skeletons6b.jpg

not sure why the second image is so dark (perhaps the sun went behind a cloud), but hopefully you can get the gist.

twisted moon

my last contribution to deadcember 2023 and my final miniatures of the year.

Skeletons7a.jpg

essex miniatures, midlam miniatures, alternative armies, ral partha and essex miniatures again.

Skeletons7b.jpg

i've misplaced some citadel wizards from the '80's some of whom i was going to conscript into my undead forces. i have previously painted one (of, i think 4) as a necromancer, and he is where he should be. in place of one of these i have reimagined a midlam miniatures beggar as a necromancer; i think it works okay.

twisted moon

so that's it for another year: 245 figures painted and 10 bits of scenery / terrain completed, compared to 129 figures and 15 scenery / terrain items in 2022. my previous high was 213 figures and 6 scenery / terrain pieces in 2021, so this was definitely a productive year.
something a bit different in 2024, i currently suspect, although i may start of by completing some of the figures i prepared at the end of november but then didn't paint due to illness.

EricF

Administrator
I'd say that's an impressive haul. Well done. Keen to see the next batches.

This was going to be my year to finish my Squats off, but much like doing any real squats very few Space Dwarves actually got painted! Whenever that happens I remind myself I paint for pleasure so doing what takes my fancy is probably no bad thing.

twisted moon

thank you. i was wrong, 2020 was my most productive year with 260 figures painted, 5 pieces of scenery / terrain and the production of my sci-fi mat. very comparable to this year.

Back