twisted moon's 2023

twisted moon

i knocked together this objective marker for a game of renegade scout i'm putting on (subject to players) at ferretcon on saturday.

Drop-pod1a.jpgDrop-pod1b.jpg

Last edited:

symphonicpoet

Great work Twisted Moon! :) Nice use of a bit of holiday detritus. Makes me wish we had proper Kinder Eggs here. Might have to look at the joy things close to see if there's enough to make that in them . . . Just for the objective marker, of course. No other reasons.

twisted moon

thanks all, glad you like it. yes, it is indeed a kinder surprise inner, and perfect for a one slann / eru-kin / as'lakian escape pod. the players largely ignored it on saturday, but mostly enjoyed the game regardless.

twisted moon

We need a picture of the whole horde so far
here you go.

Clan Renj.jpg

these are all the complete* units for clan renj's land forces. i have a variety of other units in partly completed* states, and as you can see, i need to make some more regimental bases

* i'm planning to continue adding to clan renj for as long as i find ratmen figures i like and think fit with it. this will no doubt result in figures getting mixed around in units to maximise variation.

twisted moon

another five ratmen with spears.

Skaven30a.jpg

the one on the right is a metal ral partha europe figure. i picked up most of this range in their octoberfest sale, along with some more warmachines from the heartbreaker line. the penultimate ones at each end have metal spearheads from my bits box, no idea where they originated. the middle one has what i think is an empire spear arm. other than that it's the same drill as previously.

Skaven30b.jpg

almost finished another spear regiment, hopefully the next batch will see that done.

twisted moon

some more ratmen.

Skaven31a.jpg

a second ral partha europe and another couple of mantic / citadel kitbashes complete another unit of clanrats with spears.

Skaven31b.jpg

a ral partha europe and badgers and burrows rat warrior contribute to another, ongoing, unit of clan rats with hand weapons.

Skaven Spear unit5.jpg

here's the completed spear unit though, as usual, the figures may get further mixed up.

twisted moon

i'd hoped to get another ten or fifteen ratmen finished in november, but ill health put paid to that. a series of other real world incidents also means it's a slow start to deadcember for me, but here finally is my first effort.

Carrion4a.jpg

the final (i think) sculpt of the original carrion release, with the scythe bearing rider that matches my previous ones.

Carrion4b.jpg

after some prolonged searching i finally managed to pick this up from ebay for a reasonable price towards the end of last year. deadcember 2022 drew to a close before i'd had a chance to apply a paint brush.

Carrion Squadron.jpg

here (s)he is with the earlier renditions.

twisted moon

thank you. me too, i'm glad i've managed to get the whole set.
back to some more infantry.

Skeletons1a.jpg

a couple from alternative armies and an essex miniatures standard bearer.

Skeletons1b.jpg

the former were picked up in their spring sale. essex currently has all their fantasy figures on discount, so if you want some old bob olley sculpts, now's the time.

twisted moon

here are some more.

Skeletons2a.jpg

three skeletal orcs from scotia grendal interspersed with skeletal humans from alternative armies.

Skeletons2b.jpg

i picked up the scotia grendal at a show (probably battleground, which i missed this year due the previously mentioned ill-health )not that many years ago.

Back