• Welcome to the Golden Gobbo painting competition. If you'd like to read some of the ancient history you can on the Realm of Chaos 80s blog.

This competition is held some years and you'll find threads here describing how to enter and when the competition is running (typically after BOYL each year).

Other than the fame and wonderment of your peers there is often a prize kindly donated and you'll have the wonder of being awarded badges for your profile here.

GG 2023 Golden Gobbo 2023

EricF

Administrator
Yep, not sure my wife would appreciate me re-mortgaging the house to fund that regiment! :)

For my Golden Gobbo entry I dug out this model from my lead pile. It is not really an oldhammer model, rather a current-still-in-production model, but with an oldhammer charme. I hope it still qualifies :) And it is fittingly titled Chaos Warrior - Painting Contest, by Knightmare Miniatures.

My contest entry pictures are:

PXL_20231124_194302954.jpg

PXL_20231124_194112529.jpg

Here some more:

Sneekid

Made it in time! For this year's entry I present:

Frits von Blom - Underhive Scum

"When his constant gambling and drunken carousing threatened to irreversibly taint his service record with the Imperial Navy, Fritz decided to jump ship on Necromunda. He eventually found his way to the Underhive where his service was always in demand. Though not exactly nimble on his feet Fritz was as sure-eyed a shot with his pistols as any hardened hive ganger"

I always loved this mini - it just has so much character and old school grit. It only needed a few tweaks to look just right.

Scum 01.JPG
Scum 02.JPG
Scum Detail.jpg

Loose Loser

A beast/rider combination I have on my wish list for long time already. Well done. Need to save the pictures to copy fr... to use as an inspiration when I do get to it myself, eventually. Where are the minis from?
I also like that combo. Did intend to do it when I've painted mine but when I test fit Gobbo on it I discarded the idea but I've forgot all about the saddle! haha Now I'm tempted to put Gobbo on it after all. Fantastic looking.

Back