[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table

EricF

Administrator
Lovely stuff, how close do you think you are to paint?
The skulls/trees remind me of page 210 from Slaves to Darkness...

And then I came to the Tree of Damned Shades.

Living moulds had hug upon its branches and living souls had been buried among its roots long ago in the winter of that bloody land. twisted with pain and self-loathing, warped with loyalty to Chaos, the shades had made their pact of blood and now had their reward.

Last edited:

Raffles

I see you've overlooked one minor detail on this masterpiece so far.

You need to provide your address so we can all rock up with beer when it's finished and invite ourselves to play on your table ;):mrgreen:

ManicMan

I'm thinking I'm not traveling to Poland for that ^_^ it's a pretty long walk and I'm sure I'll get wet as I haven't figured out how to water on water that is that deep

Lovely stuff, how close do you think you are to paint?
I still have a few modules left to finish, then just add some rubble to the whole thing and I can start painting. Perhaps it will be this year.

In the meantime, I started a thread where I will post photos of my previous, completed project. Look HERE.
I see you've overlooked one minor detail on this masterpiece so far.

You need to provide your address so we can all rock up with beer when it's finished and invite ourselves to play on your table ;):mrgreen:
Hmm... That's not a bad idea. ;)
I'm thinking I'm not traveling to Poland for that ^_^ it's a pretty long walk and I'm sure I'll get wet as I haven't figured out how to water on water that is that deep
:grin:
nice work.
Thank you. :)

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 84.

Today I have for you photos of the tallest model I built as part of the modular table project with the ruins of Mordheim.

In addition to the HDF laser-cut house from Lasercut Buildings, the module includes a signal tower made of XPS cut bricks glued to a Pringles tube, as well as a few bits including an Orc monument from Mini Monsters and a road sign from Dunkeldorf Miniatures and figures from Games Workshop.

PZrrnn.jpg

UEBgKN.jpg

gAOXFS.jpg

KU9Evn.jpg

voFkoO.jpg

TVMU2W.jpg

CZFfhl.jpg

EuC4xg.jpg

36KqXw.jpg

Sh2NSl.jpg

bGx2aq.jpg

Cool. Are those gates from the old Fortified Manor set?
Thank you. :) Yes.

very nice.

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 87

The next table module with the ruins of Mordheim presents a moving carousel made of bits.

To build the module, in addition to plaster casts from Rotten Factory molds, I used bits from GW, Mini Monsters, Dunkeldorf Miniatures, Mantic and Wargames Atlantic.

axR5WS.jpg

r5mYbo.jpg

TgST1c.jpg

QmyI8U.jpg

ElrZGb.jpg

l2QmXt.jpg

eyI0bW.jpg

2ZCY3U.jpg

that's going to be a fun element in games.

The carousel is insane! This project just keeps on giving!

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 88.

I'm slowly approaching the end of the presentation of the table modules with Mordheim ruins for Warheim FS prepared for painting.

The module visible in the photos below is the second city gate, containing an optional bridge that can be used when playing mixed scenarios in Warheim FS.

As with many other modules, this one includes building ruins made into models from Lasercut Buildings, as well as a lot of bits from various manufacturers, including Games Workshop, Micro Art Studio, SpellCrow, Dunkeldorf Miniatures, Mini Monsters and a monument from HQ Resin

Y3yDJS.jpg

Ow4NnH.jpg

9wKw4D.jpg

huYOfW.jpg

o3iT4w.jpg

tanLWm.jpg

kfSxIw.jpg

2k9teB.jpg

b4JdhI.jpg

5cik4A.jpg

CfcByK.jpg

gp5D5P.jpg

XtNDiL.jpg

X1dyKX.jpg

ManicMan

... which strikes thirteen.
god, that just reminded me.. When I was a kid, one book we read at School was Tom's Midnight Garden by Philippa Pearce. which, when the Grandfather clock stuck 13, a door opens and he can visit a beautiful garden. As I did more back then, I made a board game based on it which the board was cut into two sections, the 'house' and the 'garden'. you went around the house area and could draw a card which would set a time on the clock. When it struck 13, the card model of the clock would not only have the hands moved, but you opened it up to make the door into the garden section.. Basic game but fun.. god knows what happened to it. probably got wrecked and lost years ago as it was kinda a quick-ish thing back in.. mm.. gonna have to say mid to late 90s.. 1997 is about right..

Plaiecivile

A bit of a side discussion here, but you have been working on this project for so long. I was wondering, do you still enjoy the building process as much as in the beginning? Would you say the experience gained opened your creativity and confidance to try things you did not think possible when you started? I imagine that the idea of having each building unique must be quite a challenge and a motivator! Oh and are you really from Poland? Because if you had happen to be closer to Canada I would have certainly offered you to help with a session of batch painting the base colors ;)

Back