twisted moon's 2024

Machen

I can see from your miniatures that you're an Alternative Armies fan. This is a really impressive terrain project.

symphonicpoet

Looking good twisted moon. Those Culverin models look nice on your table. I keep looking at some of their tanks. That'll be a heck of a table when you're done. :)

twisted moon

and at some point, you are gonna have to sort out a big enough free table space for a look at them set up.
i gave a bit of a preview on 11th march.
I can see from your miniatures that you're an Alternative Armies fan.
i like my collection to be reasonably eclectic and aa have some nice ranges.
This is a really impressive terrain project.
thank you.
Looking good twisted moon. That'll be a heck of a table when you're done. :)
thank you too.
Those Culverin models look nice on your table. I keep looking at some of their tanks.
i think there's still a few days on their 20% off sale, so now's the time.

meanwhile, i've painted the ghosts i didn't manage in deadcember, due to the weather preventing spray painting.

Ghosts6a.JPG

a gw voucher (i've forgotten which one) caused me to get these ubiquitous glaivewraith stalkers, which really needed a spray undercoat due to their tortuous construction / sculpting.

Ghosts6b.JPG

i was under the impression the figure in the middle was the last of my essex miniatures order, but i can't see it on their website. my fallback option was alternative armies, but i can't see it there either.

ManicMan

he's an Asgard 'Psionic Flayer', so should be on the Alternative armies site.. checking, yep.. FM46, page two of there Asgard fantasy range ^_^

Padre

Spooky! An eery and sickly sort of colour.

I turned those models into a 'counts as', square based, Cairnwraiths for our WFB 8th campaign ...

1tVmEXc.jpg

twisted moon

they look good.
i've got all my ethereal undead on 25mm round bases. as such i didn't use the ones provided with the glaivewraith stalkers kit, which i think are 32mm. i was hoping to be able to remove them from the molded terrain, but it was apparent that would be an extreme test of my skills for limited gain.

Padre

I managed to remove enough of the terrain to get them on 20mm bases. I had to think very hard about how to orientate them though, to get them to rank up.

twisted moon

some space pirates armed for close quarters action and a guard for the legacy warband challenge.

Space pirates 1a.jpg

a metal alternate stars figure from alternative armies on the left.

Space pirates 1b.jpg

the others are mash-ups of plastic frostgrave barbarians and stargrave mercenaries / troopers. i've cut the legs and bodies apart and mismatched them for the pirates, then added heads and arms to taste.
the guard is a barbarian body with mercenary arms and head.
currently i'm considering the priates to have carapace armour all round and (from left to right) shotgun pistol, shotgun pistol and knife, auto-pistol and two daggers, heavy bolter, hand weapon and knife.

Space pirates 1 scenic.jpg

here they are on an isolated asteroid about to raid a research facility.

Back