Metal Nostalgia Force painted models

EricF

Administrator
Ditto, could easily have been part of the sculpt. I like the hazards on the flamer and the chap looks properly battle hardened with the one arm out of the armour.

Cheers guys! I tried something new with the base coat this time around but I think it landed on the too-bright side of blue for Ultras. Either way, here's one of the C100 marines!

angry-griffin-c100-imperial-space-marine-vintage-games-workshop-citadel-bob-naismith-painted-as-ultramarine-warhammer-40k-rogue-trader-600x600.webp

angry-griffin-c100-imperial-space-marine-vintage-games-workshop-citadel-bob-naismith-painted-as-ultramarine-warhammer-40k-rogue-trader-2-600x600.webp

Oliver26

Cheers guys! I tried something new with the base coat this time around but I think it landed on the too-bright side of blue for Ultras. Either way, here's one of the C100 marines!

angry-griffin-c100-imperial-space-marine-vintage-games-workshop-citadel-bob-naismith-painted-as-ultramarine-warhammer-40k-rogue-trader-600x600.webp

angry-griffin-c100-imperial-space-marine-vintage-games-workshop-citadel-bob-naismith-painted-as-ultramarine-warhammer-40k-rogue-trader-2-600x600.webp
A bit bright for Ultras, but I still think it turned out great, it is an original piece that you made after all 8-)

EricF

Administrator
Very nicely done. The scratches on the scythe elevate it that bit extra. Contrast on the robes is very nice.

Always fancied getting this mini ever since I saw the conversation with the boltgun. In fact I sometimes do a double take when I see the base mini and wonder where the bolter is!

Such a lovely thread of classics.

Very nicely done. The scratches on the scythe elevate it that bit extra. Contrast on the robes is very nice.

Always fancied getting this mini ever since I saw the conversation with the boltgun. In fact I sometimes do a double take when I see the base mini and wonder where the bolter is!

Such a lovely thread of classics.

Thanks very much! I dithered a bit on the cloak colours but ended up just using two single pigment colours and a white - green for the base, green mixed with red for the darker bits and green mixed with white for the lighter.

Tell me more of this bolter conversion... I can't bring it to mind and Google did not assist me!

EricF

Administrator
Now that took me a while to find ... not that I mind looking through old GW publications.... page 108 of ROC The Lost and the Damned.

roc-lost-and-the-damned-champion-of-nurgle-with-bolter.jpg

I don't know why it stuck in my mind so much, in looking for it I probably found far more copies of that mini in it's natural state! Still left an indelible mark on my childhood miniature memory!

I was going to do a nurgling with bolder as my homage to this when I get a chance (based off another of these I found in my pile).

Ah, I'm still missing the two ROC books - I have my copy of the RT rulebook but the other two are a little hard to get in Oz.

That's a great conversion - I see why it would have stuck in your mind!

Back