Fimm's painted models

Fimm McCool

WS6.jpg

The 'stranger Things' kids got a medieval makeover for the Halloween game at Foundry last weekend.
As with the Warlock miniatures I just raided my collection for 'suitable' models, but pretty happy with the likenesses. The hobby horses are my replacement for BMXs in an older world.

Fimm McCool

WS4.jpg

Some more pesky kids who may be familiar to you from the world of tv/film... or may not. The Loonies, my fantasy medieval take on the classic Goonies.

WS5.jpg

ManicMan

I'm trying to think of any live action film with a 'band' of kids which I could say I really enjoy.. well, Film or series...

tricky.... what I saw of Stranger things, I really didn't think much of it.. just trying to rip-off old ideas badly.. Never a big fan of the Goonies.. I guess not bad but not a big fan.. not really a big fan of E.T. (or the version where people shoot each other with Walkie Talkies)..

Matinee maybe.. which of course leads us to Eerie Indiana.. Oh and Monster Squad needs to be mentioned.. Round the Twist probably counts.. sorry, sidetracking ^_^

Fimm McCool

Round the Twist was great. I really like the references in Stranger Things, it's clearly some fans of old 80s adventure shows trying to do a glossier, up-to-date version with nods all over the place. The kids themselves are largely pretty annoying, with a couple of exceptions, but it has a nice blend of tension and humour.

EricF

Administrator
Love that standard with the checkerboard pattern and those space hopper squiggs are cool, who makes them?

Fimm McCool

Love that standard with the checkerboard pattern and those space hopper squiggs are cool, who makes them?
Foundry. They already made space hopper orclings so we ran a space hopper race game at BOYL a few years back. Two of the upgrades were stompy boots and spiky helmets so Marcus got Kev Adams to convert models with that kit. They're now part of the range.

Padre

...... what I saw of Stranger things, I really didn't think much of it.. just trying to rip-off old ideas badly..... ^_^
Hey, don't knock Stranger Things. It brought mullets back to the youth of our village :roll: , and made kids interested in fantary RP games again - I just ran the first part of a 1986 WFRP scenario for my 13 year old and three of his mates and all but one of them loved it and want to play again. This was more of a success than I had hoped for. I am GMing oldhammer again! Huzzah! :grin:And thank you Stranger Things!

(At one point one of the players said "He could be really old, like 50 or something." Not sure if they knew their GM was 56.)

Back