Andrew's Oldhammer Project Log

ardyer

zoggin-eck":24f7p2xh said:
Really fun Dark elves you have, I can't believe I've never commented on them before! The one with purple scale-mail on page 9 is my favourite.

I had finally gotten around to opening an ancient bottle of metallic purple for that model. Sadly the paint looked cooler before highlighting and shading it!

ardyer

I've gotten lazy in taking pictures. It's a big update and the pictures aren't great. I decided to skip the white balance before taking them. I've played around with them in photoshop to try to match the colors better, but the pictures still suck.

Witch Elves:

And the whole unit together:

Pre-Heresy Luna Wolf Assault Marine:

Badab War Warp Ghost Marine:

Nurgle Champion:

Heroquest Goblins:

Epic Imperial Guard Platoon:

symphonicpoet

Some great great stuff. I love your two Marines and even though I rather dislike GW's chaos style the Nurgle fellow really pops. You've done an incredible job with the shiny/dusty/rotten/pussy textures and finishes. Gorgeous.

ardyer

symphonicpoet":3g9okroh said:
Some great great stuff. I love your two Marines and even though I rather dislike GW's chaos style the Nurgle fellow really pops. You've done an incredible job with the shiny/dusty/rotten/pussy textures and finishes. Gorgeous.

Thanks. Although I actually didn't mean to post him here, since he's not oldhammer. I will say though, that he's one of the best designed plastic morsels they've ever done.

bulldoglopez":3g9okroh said:
I see you got your hand on that one witch elf. They look great!

I did. All thanks to the very nice Darkblade for hooking me up.

Oh, and thank you for the pre-heresy marine ;)

ardyer

It’s been a while since I last updated. I’ve painted a lot, I’ve just been too lazy to take photographs!

First up is a Chaos Warrior, who will be the leader of a Realms of Chaos warband:

I also had Urion Franz paint me an oldhammer style banner for a unit of Newhammer chaos knights:

This is an Oldhammer-inspired Herald of Nurgle on a mini-palanquin. My idea being that he’s important enough to be a herald, but not so important he’s be blessed with a real palanquin:

This is one of my favorite ranges of all times, the Marauder Giant Ogres. I spent years trying to track one down, and ended up with three! He is the first, not sure when I’ll do more:

I finished some Epic as well:

More (non-oldhammer) stuff can be seen on my Warseer project log:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... is-Backlog

ardyer

Asslessman":3tpz415j said:
So you were actually painting all that time !
Great results really, some truly gorgeous work here.
Unfortunately my photo area is also my painting area, do to take pictures I have to clean up my painting area first. That's why I take pictures so infrequently!

But when I do, I take so many I can't fit them into one warseer post!

ardyer

I painted a couple of Drew Williams robots. This one was for Orclord at stuff of legend who also took the pic. I went with traditional Martian colors that double as Khorne should the need arise. I'll take a picture of the other one I painted eventually.

ardyer

More Oldhammer models :grin:

Talisman Characters:

Rogue Trader Robots:

Chaos Orcs:

Chaos Friar:

Frostgrave Wizard:

Apprentice:

Awesome stuff Andrew I had been overlooking this thread for some time. Glad it got some updates and jumped to the active threads. ;)
Those Talisman Barbarians are so Hollywood 80's I think it's the painted nipples on the bronzed skin!
Also that robot scheme is great...it makes me wish I had gotten one. The computer screen in his chest is a perfect touch.
Can't wait to see the next update.

Back