[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table

Tutorial: Doors made of coffee sticks.

Today I have a short guide for you, in which I will show you step by step how to make doors from coffee sticks in models depicting the ruins of Mordheim.

To make doors and shutters you will need a few coffee sticks or other thin wooden strips, a sharp knife, a marker, a hand drill, as well as a paper clip, wood glue and cyanoacrylate glue.

1catTe.jpg

I started working by cutting coffee sticks to a length equal to the height of the door.

Then, using a sharp knife, I cut the fragments lengthwise to obtain narrower slats.

If you want to age the door, be careful, you can, for example, use a lighter and burn the cut slats with a flame.

If you decide to take such a step, be careful and prepare a container with water to extinguish the fire.

q9gNbT.jpg

i3Tmh6.jpg

0A5OOG.jpg

In the next step, I cut the coffee stick into sections whose length is equal to the width of the door.

I cut the fragments obtained in this way lengthwise to obtain narrower slats, which I then glued with wood glue perpendicular to the vertical slats.

W63CUm.jpg

JWvoeD.jpg

Then, from the previously prepared narrower fragments, I cut out further fragments and glued them with wood glue at an angle between the previously glued horizontal beams.

jctiaa.jpg

lYnuOF.jpg

UUImIn.jpg

To make imitation hinges, I used a toothpick cut into pieces, which I forgot to mention earlier, and glued them with wood glue.

kEaZPn.jpg

ex0T6x.jpg

dedif0.jpg

Then, using a thin drill placed in a hand drill, I drilled holes in the previously glued beams imitating the places where the nails should be placed.

GKI46K.jpg

Then, using tools, I made door handles from a paper clip and glued them with cyanoacrylate glue in the holes drilled with a hand drill.

KT5okR.jpg

UCL3ja.jpg

58kIL7.jpg

cBd6P1.jpg

Av1FiK.jpg

And I placed the doors prepared in this way in the frames intended for them, located on the models.

gI4jzX.jpg

RFNTo4.jpg

ManicMan

nice ^_^ always good to see little guides on various ways people do stuff.. though must admit it took be a little bit to remember that Cyanoacrylate glue is super glue ^_^

nice ^_^ always good to see little guides on various ways people do stuff.. though must admit it took be a little bit to remember that Cyanoacrylate glue is super glue ^_^
Thanks. Superglue can be called differently, in Poland it is also known under the brand name "Kropelka", which means "drop".

Nicely done! Love your door pulls and hinges.
Thank you. :)

good work. for a minute i thought you were going to drill the cocktail sticks to make working hinges!
Thanks. It's actually a nice idea, but I don't think I'm ready for it yet. ;)

Tutorial: Prison Cart made of coffee sticks and other materials, part 1.

Today there is a temporary break in the construction of the modular table with the ruins of Mordheim.

As a temporary change, I decided to build a prison cart for the company Merchant caravan from Arabia to Warheim FS.

I decided to build the prisoner cart from materials found in my workshop. And it is a very simplified design in which the main elements of the chassis structure have not even been outlined.

In the first part, in which I will focus on the construction of the wheels and the base of the car, I used an old syringe, wooden coffee sticks, fragments of foamed PVC, a paper clip and toothpicks.

I started work by cutting out the rims for the wheels. I drew parallel lines on the syringe, along which I then cut the syringe into circles.

I polished the cut circles using a file and fine sandpaper.

Then I placed the hoops on fragments of foamed PVC and traced circles on the inside, which I then cut out, and after embossing the wood texture and drilling the centers, I pressed them into the hoops.

I cut out strips from appropriately cut coffee sticks and glued them onto the wheels perpendicular to the lines symbolizing the boards touching each other.

I made the axles on which I placed the cart's wheels from cut toothpicks.

In the next step, I glued the car's body using cut coffee sticks.

I cut out parts of the front bogie mechanism from a fragment of foamed PVC...

...which I connected with a paperclip to the strip from which the drawbar will be made.

Then I glued the previously prepared elements to create a cart box standing on wheels, on the edges of which I glued side strips and this was the end of the first stage of building the prison cart.

great idea for the wheels. i'll have to try and remember to give that a go.

Tutorial: Prison Cart made of coffee sticks and other materials, part 2.

Welcome to the second part of the tutorial, or rather a report on the construction of the prisoner cart that I will use during the Warheim FS games.

In the first part, which you can find HERE, I showed you how I built the wheels and the base of the cart, today I will tell you about the construction of the cabin in which the prisoners will be kept.

Since I decided to build a closed prosoner cart, I used an appropriately cut Styrodur block as the interior.

To give a slightly more professional look, I used plastic windows from the Mordheim ruins and doors that I had left over from the Doors Set from SpellCrow to valorize the prisoner cart.

I covered the remaining spaces with appropriately cut coffee stirrer sticks. I used polymer glue for this.

After covering the prisoner cart with wooden strips from an aluminum sheet that comes from shaving cream, I cut out a tape about 5 mm wide and squeezed imitation rivets into it using tweezers.

I bent the tape lengthwise at a 90-degree angle and glued it to the corners of the prisoner cart, masking the joint of the slats.

As I wrote in the first part, this is not a scale miniatures, but a simplified representation of the carriage, but I decided to make whippletree with wooden sticks and a paper clip, which I glued to the front carriage.

I also added a few more bits, more specifically shields from Unreleased Miniatures, two of which from THIS and THIS set served as decorations that I placed under the windows.

The shield from THIS set was used as a barred window, which I placed on the coachman's side.

I also placed hooks on the sides, which, from what I remember, come from the imperial artillery set from Games Workshop.

I put the crates from Micro Art Studio and the Mini Monsters trunk on the roof. By the way, I can see that since I bought my set, the trunks have gained a nice wood texture.

I also added lanterns to the front and back, there are no photos on the HQ Resin website, but I think they come from THIS and THIS set.

The last element I added at this stage of construction is the coachman miniatures, which I assembled using bits from Gripping Beast.

looks good and scale looks fine to me ^_^

Oh, top grade stuff! Love the doors and the crates in the warehouse, and the wagon is fantastic!

Catching up on your wonderful thread. More amazing work, that cart is lovely.

Tutorial: Prison Cart made of coffee sticks and other materials, part 3.

Hello and welcome to the third and final part of the report on building a prisoner cart for Warheim FS.

I made ropes out of copper wire and used them to connect the prisoner cart to the draft animal.

GFto6d.jpg

odhYog.jpg

I used horses from Wargames Atlantic as draft animals, they do not have saddles, only a saddle pad, under which I hid the drilling points in which I placed the ropes.

MYQ7po.jpg

uBeTiX.jpg

Then I glued the whole thing together, adding reins, also twisted from copper wire.

I also made coils of ropes from twisted wire to be placed on the roof and side of the prisoner car, and from aluminum sheet I made two rolled Arabic carpets.

And that's it. In the photos below you can see what the prisoner cart looks like ready for painting.

TCYDBM.jpg

7NPfPz.jpg

RLVSbw.jpg

ylzjtK.jpg

4t1Rhs.jpg

FcP4IK.jpg

eyui26.jpg

great work.

Tutorial: Flying carpet.

When assembling miniatures for Merchant's Caravan from Arabia for Warheim FS, I had the biggest problem with the flying carpet model. Maybe I wasn't looking properly, or maybe there are simply no suitable physical miniatures, because I found a few 3D prints, but they didn't suit my style either.

That's why I decided to make a flying carpet model myself, and below you will find a short report in which I will describe how I did it.

An additional advantage is that the cost of a model made in this way is negligible, and in the end the flying carpet will be used in a merchant caravan.

KTDs14.jpg

CnIrDS.jpg

y4G4Ju.jpg

wiUsul.jpg

yUf5mp.jpg

To make a flying carpet miniatures, I used a metal plastic plate from a shaving cream tube, which I cut into a rectangular shape.

3Pt7mE.jpg

Using the blunt edge of a wallpaper knife, I bent the sides of the plate at a 90-degree angle. I also twisted four pieces of wire together to make a rope.

vdnAuS.jpg

C4HEkE.jpg

I smeared the bent sides of the plate with a thin layer of plastic putty, to which I applied appropriately cut pieces of twisted wire, and glued the whole thing with cyanoacrylate glue.

Iu8YS9.jpg

After the cyanoacrylate glue dried, I untangled the protruding pieces of twisted wire, which I then tied together with pieces of wire.

x7ZlcY.jpg

The next step was to create the texture of the material. Since the metal plate I used is very plastic, I placed the carpet upside down on a piece of XPS and cut out patterns using carving tools.

Wk0seq.jpg

Then, using brush handles of different thickness, I gave the flying carpet a slightly more dynamic shape.

SqO2rJ.jpg

And I glued the flying carpet miniatures made in the above way to the base.

EGh8tn.jpg

Back