[Warfork Fantasy Battles] The Battle at Two Farms

Turn 7.2 - Dwarves

Turn Start Phase

No events.

Movement Phase

Grumblefoot and Broadfist charged The Slasherz, as did the Blue Warriors Company. While the two character models were able to make contact, the Blue Warriors Company was out of range.

Being charged in their flank, The Slasherz had to take a panic test, which they failed. The re-roll allowed by the batallion standard turned out as snake eyes, though!

The Grey Crossbow Section reformed.

The Hammerer Company continued their futile assault on the stone thrower.

Ranged Combat Phase

The bolt thrower crew tried to support the Hammerer Company and sent their bolt towards the enemy stone thrower, but the bolt fell out of the air and stuck in the ground 2" short of the target!

Hand-to-hand Combat Phase

The final hand-to-hand combat round was fought:

• Grumblefoot killed two boyz

• Gurbat hit twice, but only killed one dwarf

• Broadfist hit once and killed one orc

• Ohguc hit twice but failed to wound once

• The orcs missed the dwarves

• The dwarves hit Gurbat twice, and wounded him once

The result was an 8:5 vidtory for the dwarves. The Slasherz failed their rout test, but passed the re-roll. They were pushed back.

IMG_20240120_160824-w960.jpg

view full sized image

Reserves Phase

No events.

Magïck Phase

No events.

Rally Phase

No events.

Turn End Phase

Aftermath

With the greenskins being in complete control of the objective area, the dwarves withdrew when night fell.

I think Michael could have easily scored a draw, and probably even won the game, had he kept the Hammerers Company in the objective area instead of chasing the stone thrower. They would probably easily have annihilated the Eeevil Eyez, probably also the Dumbsterz and could have scored victory. He confessed of having forgotten about the objective at some point in the game.

My plan on flying Zriglom with his last magïck points behind the dwarven line worked as expected. The bolt thrower was busy most of the game huning him down. Had the bolt thrower been attacking the goblin companies, it would certainly have killed many more goblins than the one it finally did.

The game overall was much more fluent and movement was a lot more involved than in our previous games, where basically two battle lines apporached another. Especially the flanking ogres and trolls, but also the goblin stickas in the center brought interesting developments to the game.

Next game will introduce Michael to magïck items and dwarven runic items.

Cool!

What rules are you using?

I play 3rd and recognise some things, like movement based deployment but events and some other things I don't know.

EricF

Administrator
What a great game. Another lovely report, very nicely made. I like the battlefield layout and terrain, very nice. I really must remember to do some coir mat wheat fields ... one day!

What a great game. Another lovely report, very nicely made. I like the battlefield layout and terrain, very nice.
Thank you

I really must remember to do some coir mat wheat fields ... one day!
I want to modify mine for quite some time, probably will never happen. In case you do your's, don't do the same mistake I did: don't cut them into 90° corner straight edge rectangles. Wish I had done mine with more irregular, jagged edges...

Back