Useful tools for painting

Raffles

Hi all,

I've just stumbled across this and thought I'd share it with the forum in case it might be of use.

This website allows you to search for any paint by name and it will give you the mix plus the hex code, it includes GW and citadel paints. As example, Flash Gitz Yellow - https://encycolorpedia.com/search?q=Flash+gitz

This also means you can download a paint colour app on your phone, take a pic of a model and search the colours on that site.

B&Q will apparently make any colour, I wonder if their paint would work on minis or if model paints have a higher pigmentation?

Hopefully this may be useful if people aren't aware of it. :)

ManicMan

I've seen some of them colour matchers but.. with paint, they can be very hit and miss.. I've seen it try to say two colours are very close when they really aren't. Nothing against colour blind people, i've seen some very good painters who are colour blind, but I wish they didn't program paint matchers.

I'm not sure how well B&Q will mix stuff.. might partly depend on their own training but you can get some acrylics which should be okay. problem with taking a photo is lighting.. depending on how close you want the colour, it'll never come out right ^_^

Back