Redoing the news

EricF

Administrator
Just to advise that I am planning on blowing away the current RSS news forum and replacing it with ... an RSS news forum. Essentially now I've improved the templating to give proper credits for the blogs and have noted some other enhancements we can have on the forum node (if setup like that from the start) I think it's easiest to just start over with it.

That might mean you get some noise in the various "what's new" lists, but probably no worse than when the month rolled round and the old board reposted all the old feed entries again. I'll do my best to minimise how much NewsBot announces things if I can whilst the initial pull of feed data is happening.

Will probably do it in the next day or two when I find a minute.

EricF

Administrator
Right I've done that - the feeds will re-populate now. Granted we'll get big blocks of each blog as it refreshes, but that can't be helped. They will start to intermingle again (those that are still updated). I've add a manual list of the blogs so they can be filtered, which I think should be useful.

Last edited:

EricF

Administrator
If your 'new stuff' feed is a bit flooded and you don't want to read 50 pages of news RSS posts :) then just go into the news forum and lick on the Mark read button at the top right of the list and it'll all be flagged as read in your account and it'll just new 'new' news that will show up after that point. Or you can click on this link to mark everything in the news forum since before I wrote this post as read.

Back