Orctober 2023 - Fantasy Force

twisted moon

this may not be what you want to hear, but i find it's best for my productivity to go where the muse pulls me. a month at a single project is usually about as much as i can manage.

Today I finally managed to design the missing banners, print them, and seal them with varnish ready for painting.

2023-01-01_16-13-00_unit_banners.svg

EricF

Administrator
Lovely colours on those Wyvern, the contrast of membrane, ribs and claws works very nicely.

FelixJaegar

There's something really charming about the old Grenadier / EM4 monopose models... they have great appeal. And your banners look brilliant!!

Which manufacturer are the wyverns from... are they still available?

Cheers

Dreadaxe

Congratulations on this inspiring army!
About the WFB3 port of Goblin Spider Riders. Don't you think Wnd#4 is too much? Give them Wnd#1 and Armor Save 5+ (mounted + chitin)?

Goblin Spider Riders

The Forest Goblins didn't exist back in 3e, also 3e only knows Giant Spiders, but not smaller spiders as riding animals. So I need some rules and points values. What do you think about the following?

Bestiary​

I started by considering the Giant Spider from 3e as a Level 10 Spider Hero. So by subtracting the modifiers of the hero level, I arrived at the basic large spider.
Name
MOV​
WSK​
BSK​
STR​
TOU​
WOU​
INI​
ATT​
LDS​
INT​
CLN​
WPW​
PTS​
Giant Spider
5​
3​
0​
5​
4​
4​
1​
2​
8​
3​
6​
2​
45​
Level 10 Modifiers
-0​
-2​
-1​
-1​
-1​
-1​
-1​
-2​
-1​
-0​
-0​
-0​

That would not work. So again, with Level 5.

Name
MOV​
WSK​
BSK​
STR​
TOU​
WOU​
INI​
ATT​
LDS​
INT​
CLN​
WPW​
PTS​
Giant Spider
5​
3​
0​
5​
4​
4​
1​
2​
8​
3​
6​
2​
45​
Level 5 Modifiers
-0​
-1​
-1​
-1​
-0​
-0​
-1​
-1​
-0​
-0​
-0​
-0​
Large Spider
5​
2​
0​
4​
4​
4​
1​
1​
8​
3​
6​
2​

The cost for a hero level is calculated as (points * level) + points, so:
Code:
x * 5 + x = 45
x * 6 = 45
x =  45 / 6
x = 7.5

At first, 7.5 points seems quite low, but on the other hand, the spiders are also really slow... Not sure yet.

• Physique: Large Spiders are ugly, hairy, creeping monsters that shamble and skitter as they move, filling the forest with unnerving rattling noises. They are dark coloured and very difficult to see except for their countless eyes which catch the light like small black gems. They are not as big as Giant Spiders, but still between a dog and a pony concerning their height.
  • Alignment: Neutral | Evil – Spiders can be malicious and hateful creatures, although most are simply animals hunting in the only way they know how. They can be Evil or Neutral.
  • Base Size: 25 × 50mm
  • Rules:
    • Spiders are immune to all psychology excepting that they dislike fire. A spider attacked by fire weapons, or moved to within 4” of a burning building, must take a panic test.
    • Spiders cause fear(6”) in all creatures under 10´ tall.
    • Spiders attack with /bites/, which are /Poisonous Attacks/. Beings taking damage are not necessarily dead, but may be paralysed, although they are removed from the table as casualties.
    • Spiders are not only very powerful creatures, their mouth parts are especially designed for penetrating deep into a victim's body. Accordingly, any blows struck by them have a better than average chance of penetrating armour. An enemy's armour saving throw is reduced by -1 if struck by a Large Spider.
    • A Larger Spider is a Riding Animal.
    • Spiders may move through wooded areas without penalty. They may also ascend trees instead of a normal move – this puts them out of charge reach of beings under 10´ tall. They may descend trees as a normal move, or descend and charge up to 5” as a charge move.

Orcs & Goblins Armies Entry​

armies-entry.svg

Back