Orc War Wyvern, for too long it has been sat on a shelf

20240328_085613.jpg
A long time ago, when I was still on Facebook, I posted a video of me tearing the ancient shrink wrap of of a very sought after box. I didn't show the contents (I was trying to be funny) and merely tore off the wrapoer. Here it is, open to the 21st century at last.
I recently tried to prepare an army for the new Old World rules but, I have now realised that I am not an army painter, I don't care for modern miniatures, I am in fact a collector and only want to paint things that make me happy.

Last edited:

ManicMan

Just play old rules ^_^

yeah, some of the earlier models had some more... issues with .. I'm gonna say that is either a air bubble which doesn't seam to be or just a plain short shot. Nice work dealing with it well.

While it's a good model, I'm a bit ... of an odd one-out as I really like the remake (the Morrison's Marauder version compared to the Nick Bibby version)

EricF

Administrator
I have a soft spot for both Wyverns, but I'd love to tackle this one again if I ever find one at a decent price. I do have my copy from childhood, but I don't want to strip it and repaint (hard enough making a dent in the lead pile as it is). You've done a nice job on the join. Do you have a colour scheme in mind yet?

I have a soft spot for both Wyverns, but I'd love to tackle this one again if I ever find one at a decent price. I do have my copy from childhood, but I don't want to strip it and repaint (hard enough making a dent in the lead pile as it is). You've done a nice job on the join. Do you have a colour scheme in mind yet?
I'm thinking of doing it in the box colours, nothing original, but I have always loved the yellow and green

20240329_145015.jpg
It's built, lots of work but I'm really happy. Next pic will be it complete and painted.
I have put it next to my pump waggon (the only other green skin thing that I have done) so I can do the base similar. I'm going to do a few more Orc and gobbo bits after this beast

ManicMan

Didn't the original wyvern come with 3 rider choices, so you could pick one and the other two as standing troops?

Didn't the original wyvern come with 3 rider choices, so you could pick one and the other two as standing troops?
It does and I have magnetised the sadle and rider, I like the lance fellow the best but a shamen is more suitable if I ever used this in a game. The lance fellow is also pictured in the old game Chaos Marauders and I have a very soft spot for that old game.

Back