Oldhammer Style Undead

What currently produced models (if any) are a good match in terms of size with the citadel models of around the 3rd edition era like these dudes.

I am after some undead that match the primed guys more than the unit leader, who is quite a bit bigger.

bigun.jpg

Last edited:
Crikey:

Comes with an integral metal base. Figure Model is approx. 32mm tall (from sole of foot to top of helmet).

Thats from the midlam site...

Forlorn Hope are prolly close enough, but I am after skellies that are mostly naked, like the old plastic GW boxed set.

Poop, they don't look quite right in terms of gear.
A possibility though of the size is good, can always convert all the swords.

Does anyone know if these fit well?

ManicMan

If you don't mind that complete LACK of scythe's, Wargames Atlantic do a box set of plastic kit build 'greek' skeletons which compare fairly well (though not perfectly of course) to the old Skeleton set.

sologamer

Keep an eye out on eBay for the old Citadel plastic skeletons. Late last year I managed to get 56 of them to a tabletop standard for about 35 quid.

Fimm McCool

Those Wargames Atlantic (ex Wargames Factory) skeletons are awful to build. They're so spindly they break as soon as you look at them. My own favourites are the Celtos ones front Brigade Models, but they are chunky. The bones definitely wouldn't for inside those living humans even if they are ok height wise.

EricF

Administrator
I've not tried the Wargames Atlantic minis (the sprue looks okay assembly wise), but they are different from the ex Wargames Factory ones. The current licence holder for that mold is Warlord Games and you can have 90 of the fiddly little gits for the sum of £63. Those are indeed "fun" to build as I have about 150 of them (some here if you want to see), but with some liquid cement (EMA plastic weld is my choice) and a little patience they are okay to assemble. That said I'm not sure they would stand up to rough play. They are pure Ray Harryhausen in vibe however and I rather like them.

Fireforge Games have some reasonable plastic undead. I have some of their zombies.

Don't forget if you go shopping at Ral Partha to pick up the classic Zombie dragon, still a bargain I think.

A quick google turned up this decent comparison of some of the plastics discussed. From that Oathmark's might be worth a bit more of a look.

Then as sologamer said if you can be patient keep an eye on ebay, you'll get lucky at some point.

ha ha ha, omg what a nob.
I have some wargames atlantic ones, I bought a sprue to test them out for Mordheim.
Just had a look, yeah they will do fine.
Easier to assemble than the ones with separate feet and stuff too.

Cool, thanks all. That should be that sorted.

Now for some undead hero models types... :grin:

Back