My Random stuff

ManicMan

some miniatures are taking too long to paint up, partly as I'm a bit undecided on some colours.. but oh well

I love the game 'Drakan: Order of the Flame' since I played a demo back in 1998 (this was a pre-release demo on a cover disc, back when such things existed). It was a PC game set in a fantasy world which is a bit more primitive then the normal medieval fantasy stuff which basically has you as a young (I think mid 20s) Girl who is bonded with a Dragon, so the game is spilt between attacking enemies and monsters by hand/sword/axe/whatever weapon, and flying around on dragon back, flaming and burning things. While the game was PC game, and I don't believe released on any console, they did something stupid when a few years later, released a sequel (which like the first, had a slightly quick and not as 'worthy' ending) on the PS2 only.. yeah.. thanks alot ¬_¬ in some ways the graphics were better.. it had been a 5 years or so, but in other ways.. bits weren't too much better but.. it's a good solid enough game.

Anyway, There is a nice amount of great character designs for some creatures. For my Skaven army as an ally (but I'm not sure if he is gonna be used as such) I wanted to make something a bit special.. So from the second game, I took the Flesh mage.. his in-game model and art is.. well.. pretty crap.. like FAR worse then pretty much ANY other creature in the game.. no clue why.. But his Concert art.. ooohh..

FleshMage.png
(Art by Susan Jessup who did alot of concert art of the game)
Yutaji, the Flesh Mage was a mage who created a large powerful Golem but while in service of the three faced Desert Lords (the main villains of the second game), he went insane partly by the Desert Lord leader putting a spell on him, mutilating his own body and demanding 'brides' to be send to his home, where he would skin them to add to his.. well, in the concept art, Body. in game.. he is just kinda a skinned guy who wears the skin as just a hooded.. no where near as good.. As you can see from that art, it's pretty interesting character design.. So I wanted one..

DSCF2555.JPG
okay.. I'm not great at sculpting and I kinda want to get to a point while I'm happy enough doing repairs and the odd things. this isn't fantastic (the hood is a bit thick) but on the whole.. Passable. paint could be better and some of the body parts more defined but.. passable. His two arms, along with the rib cage were from a Wargames Atlantic skeleton set which I used as a base cause no way I was sculpting anything 100% from scratch. the arm at the bottom and two across his chest are female zombie arms. the rest is my trying to sculpt. the face near the bottom kinda comes out okay.. some other bits.. not as well, but the paint partly saves some of the patch work nature. Not fantastic by any stretch but I think very passable to be able to field him.. Its believed the character MIGHT be a Necromancer as there are quite a few undead in his home but...

the post at the bottom is paper clip. cause I glued the bits of skeleton onto a paper clip post to work on him and give a more flying design. wasn't sure if I would try to cut it off or make some kinda fancy effect but decided that just painting it black worked fine.

ManicMan

thanks. No way some of the details and bits I could get right, mixture of skill level and getting detail at the size, but went fair enough ^_^

ManicMan

like the two skaven I just posted in my WIP Skaven thread, Taking a picture of this showed up some faults I need to tweak.. kinda been a bit... not quite up to some painting I think (long story to do with a number of RL things but hopefully should settle down.. Anyway..

DSCF2589.JPG
AHQ Warrior. Painted him up first because all the others, while different models, came with HQ (Elf, Wizard, Dwarf).. still don't know what the hell is the story with the Warrior.. I mean, a Warrior was planned for the original Hero Quest.. but not used.. and all box art and stuff for Advanced Hero Quest used the Original Hero Quest heroes (all even being based on their HQ designs compared to AHQ) So why they decided inside of another Barbarian, use a warrior, I don't know.. If you want to do it to give more of a range, then could have done more Like Maybe the Elf, who was more of a High Elf in the original, could be more leaning to Wood Elf (kinda did but not much), and maybe make the Dwarf different, like maybe a Trollslayer, and maybe a wizard that leans more into a collage of magic which they started to use in AHQ. no clue..

anyway.. other then the odd bits (like on the face) I noticed now that I need to tweak, the only thing I'm not really happy about is the feature.. tried to do a fade but.. oh well.. good enough trying to blend it ^_^

Back