Mordheim

I recently started Mordheim and wanted to carry my love of Stirland over from WFB to this.
There is a Stirland warband but it is pretty naff, which sort of seems fair.
But I did want to stand some chance of winning.
So I went with Reikland warband rules but painted them up Stirlandy.

Please be aware these are my first tries at 28mm in about 25+ years!
Everything was so big and scary.

EDIT: eeeeeek the pictures are big and show all the flaws!! ha ha ha, sigh...

vb281005dqbef23duu6v0byeslb9etrd.png

8edq3d5zzfgh0ggnphnlr56pfx8a8aje.jpg

o2753adeoks9tmj8ym95hufl7m1yphv4.jpg

73c78kxjnqwd07gru16ysu4r9rztb4uz.jpg

d6xadzobm1acjptkoemki1e8c4jg8tml.jpg

vj8ai3kowaggbzva2v1n40v7fpr87lnb.jpg

86xg2g498qv5pyazmhkyhij5ib3c4yrh.jpg

ai78i03x5ilbjgt38pv9xshrmuoa243t.jpg

kwh30oqwq5nv9kigrp7f8v3feoyb8k1c.jpg

Last edited:
They look pretty fine to me. Nice assortment of old lead you’ve got there. Like the basing and Arcane Armorials. Commendably old school.

Thanks, they cost a bloody fortune they did.
Still I had a definite feel I wanted to get, I always wanted a Count Smiorgan Baldhead when I was younger but missed out.
Ebay to the rescue!!

One of the guys we play with offered me some 3d printed bases, but I do like to build stuff when I can.

EricF

Administrator
Lovely set of miniatures you've done. Are the shields fully freehand, the skulls in particular are super nice. Also (good) eyes! yikes, I guess having done so much practise on 10mm has prepared you well for doing eyes on "giant" 28mm ones :)

Lovely set of miniatures you've done. Are the shields fully freehand, the skulls in particular are super nice. Also (good) eyes! yikes, I guess having done so much practise on 10mm has prepared you well for doing eyes on "giant" 28mm ones :)

Thanks, no the shields are decals that I painted over, as they were they seemed quite bold and clean so I overpainted and washed and highlighted them to make them less cartoony.

The eyes were my biggest worry.
Young Felix being a green youngblood has super wide scared eyes, the rest a bit more normal.

:grin:

Back