Mischung

Loose Loser

I've decided not to start separate topic for every army/gang/team/mini that we have or will have as time goes, so this topic will be one general topic.

Blood Angels are shown in topic before but we'll snap some photos later on and put them here.

First, my brothers little army of Greenskinz.

This type of Night Goblins are, not worst of but they really lack character. Faces are bland but they, in my opinion, best match with older Night Goblins ( except older Night Goblins of course ).

NG-Spears3.png

NG-Spears2.png

NG-Bow1.png

Fanatics

Fanatics.png

One special fanatic, but will go to paint stripping solution since I really don't like how I painted him.

Fanatic.png

Shaman

NG-Shaman1.png

Hunter Team

Herder.png

Doom Diver

Doom-Diver.png

Squig Hoppers

Squig-Hoppers.png

Stone Troll

Troll.png

Battle Standard Bearer, this one is Forge World chap and I really don't like banner that I've made.

BSB.png

Skarsnik and Gobbla

Skarsnik-Gobbla.png

So that's it from Greenskinz for now. Got few more things to paint like Orcs, Shamans, Wyvern, War Machines etc. so they'll keep popping here and there, somewhere in between Blood Angel Terminator Sergeant and Morg 'n' Thorg hehe

Loose Loser

My 4th and 5th edition Undead army so far. Must admit that once we start snip snap some photos of armies, well, it's really makes us wonder how did we manage to paint that little?

Starting with character. This Krell, I was able to buy him back ( I sold him 15 years ago, alongside Dieter Helsnicht, Kemmler, few other vampires, mummies, chariots,... ) with few other characters. Stripped and painted again. Must admit that I like banner that I've made.

Characters-1.png

Mounted Vampire bloke is one of the minis that I got back. Sporting original paint.

Character-2.png

Skeleton Regiment. I've made shield on Wight but I don't like it. But not as much as banner that used to be where banners are hehe Everybody loves red era

Skeleton-Regiment.png

Skeleton Horsemen

Horsemen.png

Chariots

Chariots.png

Really like Mummies

Mummies.png

Dire Wolves in dire need of Doom Wolf

Dire-Wolves.png

Fell Bats

Fell-Bats.png

That's it for now. I'm still amazed how little we painted but it must be because of all those 40K Orks ( but I can imagine once we start snippy snop those we'll have same conclusion, that we paint so very little ).

Cheers,

EricF

Administrator
Some lovely models there. Most of my actual playing was 4th edition so these take me back, especially having undead and night gobbos armies myself. Your photo set could have come straight from a WD of the era!

I do like the richer dark bone colour you've got on your skeletons, I've always ended up with much paler bone, but I rather like the rich colour you've created. Your terrain looks lovely as well - I'd love to see some photographs of that at some point.

Loose Loser

Thank you! Much appreciated comments.

Will take few pictures of terrain, got few of those with rocks and all. Even got little cottage, almost cut out style.

I like those yellow brownish skeletons also. These are first that I've painted in this style even I like those brownish from the beginning. This time I leave yellow brownish wash alone almost. Usually I would just drybrush them with lighter colour like zandri dust ( colour like that ). Now I just use it for highlights ( mixed with bubonic brown like ) and for the base over black primer. Of course, later with white or similar lighter colour. Got plenty of these skeletons so I'll try out bubonic brown over primer as base colour then Serapim Sephia shade.

Gobbos are very fun to paint and sculpts are beautiful, like looking at the living illustration.

Fimm McCool

Ooh, prettiness.

I actually really like your lone fanatic. The 4th ed crazy loons are wonderful but there's something simply bonkers about the earlier ones and your more subdued scheme on him suits it down to a t. :)

Loose Loser

hehe he's quite odd because his body looks tired and his forehead part is also tired even eyes but he's got smile with tongue out hehe So one could say that he's very tired from dragging this ball but he knows that someone will got it in the head at the end of the day. In other words, maniac. Like how it's written goblin fanatic on the base of the model.

Loose Loser

Well, thank you. Good thing is that these are all night goblins we have ( considering new ones ) but I don't think they'll be last considering prices of metal night goblins. That I cannot figure it out. Night Goblins and Zombies ( 4th edition ), something that you need in numbers yet rare to be sold as regiment, and prices are characters worth, like they're rare? Not to mention that they are listed one by one.

Loose Loser

Photos of terrain. I made them simple. Mostly one piece extruded polystyrene foam cutted and modified ( with fingers ). Sometimes I used Milliput to form some rocks. I use Bison Super Wood glue because it's very quickly dry ( hour or so ), after I laid glue then I "sprinkle" with shovel some coral sand? for birds or something like that. After it's dry I put Amsterdam black gesso and then paynes grey as dry brush base and gradually mixed with white. Last details almost pure white. Something like Goblin Green is later slapped onto rest of terrain so that black doesn't go through glued grass ( Green Stuff World one ). I ether glue it on card board ( like that you got from the back of drawing paper block ) or just leave that as it is. I also use gesso for paint connecting surfaces since you can't glue ( I can't hehe ) two polystyrene pieces with super glue so I laid gesso on connecting sides ( dry for about 10 minutes ) and then drops of super glue and since there is layer of gesso it won't eat polystyrene. I did try other methods like adhesive glue and all, but it's drying for ages and it's not that good, this gesso + super glue combo is 15 minutes rock solid. I'm working on some 40K terrain for photographing since my previous terrains are really bad. Made completely with that gesso + super glue combo.

This one is with Milliput here and there for rocks.

Hill-1a.png

Hill-1b.png

This one is one piece.

Hill-2a.png

Hill-2b.png

Hill from above where miniatures are.

Hill-3.png

Just to toss something here and there. With gesso and super glue.

T-1a.png

T-1b.png

Light one. Trees are K&M Trees. Beautiful but they do tend to go bold little bit so I bought Liquitex Green spray of some sort so it should be good to cover them to stop them going bold. I also try adhesive glue and I thought that it will stop them but after 2 weeks tree is still sticky.

T-2.png

Corner one. Real hustle this one. Going back and forth because of the slope and rock on the sides of it. I think I used DAS clay :lol: Just like filler, cracks and tends to pull corners and all.

Hill-4a.jpg

Hill-4b.jpg

Little house made from card ( I used Froot Loops box, just to go old school but not "healthy" like Kellogg's corn flakes ). Chimney is made from extracted polystyrene. More like torture house since no windows :grin: It's not shown but chimney makes purple fog circles so if you got mortar or fireball you might get some weapon if you hit it.

House-1.png

House-2.png

Just so that not everything goes downhill I've painted this Ruglud's ( "lud" on Croatian means crazy :grin: ) trooper that I've got in one lot deal. Very nice bloke. Easy to paint. Shield? Really can't tell what's going on there. It appeared that there was few faces or something but varnish killed it effectively. I go with more pale scale of green since it's only one that I've got but not the last one, really like those Orcs before the best ones :lol:

Orc.png

Next is completing mentioned 40K terrain for troops photographing and also putting some chapter markings on Blood Angels ( banners will be there one day ). Don't want to think about Orks since there is no one single banner on them?! Good thing is they're 3rd edition ones so it's not big deal.

twisted moon

nicely done, especially the cottage / storage shed. i like the yellow, but am particularly impressed by the roof tiles.

Loose Loser

Thank you! I'll try to make one of those 15th century houses, they look rather nice. Also I'll try to make terrain more richer.

Loose Loser

Little update. I tried out Amsterdam acrylic spray and I like that satin/mat surface ( maybe doesn't look like that because of my 0 skills with camera ) and the coverage of spray. Good thing is that it's not on diluted side. There are few spots that I have missed but it will be easy to cover them with brush. That polystyrene is intact, no melting or similar.

I did fatal mistake so to say because I glued everything first ( might be subconsciously wanting to test if spray would do hehe because most parts are hardly reachable with brush ) instead of primed every bit solo then glue. Next is sand and all that and paint.

IMG-5154.jpg

IMG-5155.jpg

IMG-5156.jpg

Loose Loser

Cheers guys!

These NG are pretty dull but once they're highlighted with yellow and few triangles or similar, they click so to say ( new ones, of course ).

Loose Loser

Too many problems with that hill so it will wait better times. But, in meantime I did manage to finish Human and Orc 3rd edition Blood Bowl teams. Those from the box and what a lovely game it is. Very fun game straight from the box but I did source Death Zone box and few Star Players and also Undead Team and High Elves team. Most likely that star players are next minis I'll paint. Orc were fun to paint but humans not so much. My apologies for great photos.

IMG-5412.jpg

IMG-5414.jpg

IMG-5426.jpg

IMG-5421.jpg

IMG-5413.jpg

IMG-5428.jpg

IMG-5415.jpg

IMG-5418.jpg

IMG-5423.jpg

IMG-5425.jpg

Back