Metal Nostalgia Force painted models

symphonicpoet

^^On the positive side, elves and bugs also look good in blue, so you don't necessarily have to change your pallet all that much. ;)

I understand the need to bounce around between models. I used to paint by the army, but now I paint the way you do, a little of this and a little of that most of the time. It's just too easy to get bogged down and bored these days, and most of the time I think gaming with a sort of random assortment of adventurers is more fun than gaming army versus army anyway. Both can be fun, mind. Don't get me wrong. But given my druthers skirmishes and adventures are more my speed than big, pitched battles.

Great stuff! Keep it up. And I really look forward to the elves.

Machen

Really enjoying your boys and girls in blue, angrygriffon. I can completely empathize with you and symphonicpoet about jumping around a lot rather than painting squads. (When symphonicpoet spoke about prefering skirmishes and adventures to massive armies colliding, he was speaking for me as well.)

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who finds it hard to stick to one squad at a time. I haven't yet painted a five-man squad in my life! (The furthest I've managed so far is four.) I have a bunch of little 2 and 3 person squads who are all patiently waiting until I eventually cycle back around to add their final members. (I'd like to have a few five-man squads by the end of this year, when I'll be receiving a kickstarter game that uses them that I'd like to try out.)

My problem's the same as what you guys describe: When I set out to try and paint five troops of the same type in a row, the fun evaporates and its starts feeling like a chore. And since I only do this for fun, when it feels like a chore, it grinds to a halt.

Back