I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 club

Re: I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 cl

> Nots as nice as everyone elses

He looks good to me, you are too close to this paintjob for a good perspective!

Piers B":2eocg0g3 said:
Really like that as a Southlander Knight...

May have to repurpose my plastic Mahdi! What a brilliant idea!

I'd go for a more arid basing though, reckon it would set the figure off really well.

Yes, I think the arid basing would suit him a little better. The green choice is really to tie him in with other Dogs of War types I am working on, so I wanted to use a pretty classic style for basing - gotta compromise these things if I want to have a coherent looking bunch of mercenaries.

Thanks for +ve comments all, you are only encouraging me to to more wacky stuff :grin: !

phreedh

Chico":1kja3bhj said:
Nots as nice as everyone elses:
Nutjob - he looks great! :) Also, it's nice seeing a colourful and rather vibrant paintjob from you.

Séan, that's a right nice one for a single session!

Yeah, you're way too hard on yourself Chico. You are pushing the boundaries of 'fantasy' but that Ogre is a total dude. Get the rest of the team painted ASAP. I've never even played BB, but I've always wanted a team.

Aiteal

That's fantastic Sean :)
I'm gonna have to get in on this 'never painted before' thing now.

Chico

Heh Blood Bowl is set in the Warhammer Fantasy world so my reasoning is you can't get much more Fantasy really, well unless it Pam Anderson's opening scene from Barbed Wire.. Anyway I'm not happy with him and as such has had a slight repaint/touch up/highlights since this picture.

We'll make sure you post pics of the update when you're happy with him.

phreedh

Chico":3lp7g89n said:
Heh Blood Bowl is set in the Warhammer Fantasy world so my reasoning is you can't get much more Fantasy really
Fully agree!

phreedh

And in response to myself, here's

No.9 - Night Horrors Wraith
I have never painted ethereal undead before.
ghost.jpg

I didn't want the teal style made so popular by the dead men of Dunharrow (from LOTR), but didn't want the sheet style ghost either. In the end it turned out as something inbetween. I'm not very happy with it, but it'll have to do. I don't have any more ghosts in the pipeline so I'm not too worried about it. =) When moping around for pics of painted ghosts I found a bunch of ghost pirates with a dark blue scheme, and bright green weapons. Hence the green sickle.

axiom

I like it phreedh - it's not to gaudy but still has the ethereal look. I also never realised that it's based on the same body as the flegler from the fighters range.

phreedh

axiom":235sk6r4 said:
I also never realised that it's based on the same body as the flegler from the fighters range.
Wow, I didn't notice that but you're right!

axiom

I only realised because I just painted it!

Chico

Rather tasty indeed mate, such a hard colour to keep from going chalky.

phreedh":eesxoyyk said:
...I didn't want the teal style made so popular by the dead men of Dunharrow (from LOTR), but didn't want the sheet style ghost either. In the end it turned out as something inbetween. I'm not very happy with it, but it'll have to do. I don't have any more ghosts in the pipeline so I'm not too worried about it. =) When moping around for pics of painted ghosts I found a bunch of ghost pirates with a dark blue scheme, and bright green weapons. Hence the green sickle.

Looks fine to me and at least you managed to avoid the LOTR and white sheet thing successfully.

The earliest teal style ghost I can recall from cinema is this one from the Dearby O'Gill movie:

Bi7oi6uCYAEK1UU.jpg

Although I think Seán Connerry's singing in that movie might be a little more terrifying at this stage!

Gerner

phreedh":o7y7w3sb said:
I didn't want the teal style made so popular by the dead men of Dunharrow (from LOTR), but didn't want the sheet style ghost either. In the end it turned out as something inbetween. I'm not very happy with it, but it'll have to do.
I think he turned out better than any of those. :)

Goblinlee

I had to give it some thought, but I have never painted a Gnome miniature before. :o

I have a few of the C series Citadel Gnomes, but I fancy painting up my 'Indomitable Gnome Fighter' from the BC 1 Adventurers Starter Set.

I'll paint and post :)

Attachments

• gnome 001 18%.jpg
    gnome 001 18%.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 2,304

No.10 I've never painted a Sylvan elf posing as a Sea elf before.

In keeping with the current trend, this guy was painted in one night, except for his shield, which was painted later because all my shields are in the garage which is full of spiders and nighttime is when they HUNT.
I was originally going to go with some moody blues and greens for that ocean theme, but then i thought 'eh, he's a sailor, let's go gaudy'. So stripes and reds and golds it is! He is a little rushed in parts, attempting NMM gold on that oddly shaped shield was a headache (it needs a little more highlight on the top edge of the bottom of the rim, for example). You can't see it at present but he has a bow and quiver on his back featuring a tiny little anchor motif because SEA ELF.

This guy is my character for a special project, but, much like Weazil's 'mostly naked dwarf', I cannot reveal it's purpose 'til the time is right... (and Gaj, seriously, i've been waiting like six months, when are you going to show us your creepy miniature S&M biz?).

Chico

He's rather tasty.. for a elf. Good job fella.

I like the gold effect on the shield. He is rather dashing isn't he. I don't think i've ever painted an elf......

Make sure you give yourself the badge! :grin:

Back