Inchmurrin's Oldhammer fantasy gallery

inchmurrin

So it's a new year and a Happy New Year to all here. Like many I have been thinking about the future at this time and have come to a conclusion, a combination of ills mean I am finding it increasingly difficult to use my usual tools for mutilating metal minis and replacing bits. Dremels seem too drastic for the scale of the stuff I usually do.

So for the future there are likely to be less repairs and more painting and occassionally Oldhammer style plastics. First in the new approach is an undead ninja by Tom Meier from Ral Partha's All American line no mods just paint, based on his ninja sculpt.

1122423727_o.jpg

1122423730_o.jpg

More heretically perhaps a converted AoS plastic Stormcast Eternal. I picked up a load of Stormcast and sold most off but was left with a couple of minis so this is my interpretation of Henrietta the Hammer with chaos shield. I've included a progress shot in case anyone 's interested.

1122423733_o.jpg

1122423742_o.jpg

1122423740_o.jpg

1122423738_o.jpg

1122423736_o.jpg

Of course she's had a head and weapon swap and hacked about armour to make her more chaos friendly.

Comments as always encouraged particularly if people have had to modify their hobby activity because of illness or disability. Thank goodness I have a pile of Pantheon of Chaos and sci fi minis to paint.

symphonicpoet

^You know, I actually like that. I never would have guessed that was AoS. That's done wonders for the miniature. The shield is pretty cool too. Nicely done!

inchmurrin

symphonicpoet":2vuon5ta said:
^You know, I actually like that. I never would have guessed that was AoS. That's done wonders for the miniature. The shield is pretty cool too. Nicely done!

Thanks for that I tried to channel the chaos gods to suitably corrupt her.

inchmurrin

Thanks all. I'm at the centaurs again, an undead one for a competition on the Necropolis discord channel. Necropolis is a 28 style figure agnostic skirmish game I fell across which seemed an option for plastics based modelling for me and so I made an oldhammer metal mini for the kitbash competion, well there was very little drilling or sawing in my defence. He's a barrow crawler and this is the fluff I made up for it.

"This is Olaf Barrowcrawler formally a highway robber who dwelt in the royal barrow fields plying his trade. In one unfortunate encounter he was the subject of the attack not the perpetrator, a giant barrowgrub decided to have him for tea and munched his lower body, attempting to save his legs by prising the maw of the beast open he lost his left arm but managed to decapitate the beast with his trusty, or rusty, blade. The forces of undeath with their usual sense of humour melded them into a single death dealing machine which now continues to haunt the place of their dooms."

1123863823_o.jpg

1123863825_o.jpg

1123863826_o.jpg

I also ran up this dwarf hammer with his lost hammer replaced by a plastic hand and weapon.

1123863828_o.jpg

Reactions: Tex

inchmurrin

Some may recall my Tzeetchian walking head mini from a while ago, I found another copy of the same base mini and decided on a Nurglie approach this time - I do like walking heads!

1128087682_o.jpg

1128087686_o.jpg

Not my best work but I'm just getting back into things after a bit of a hiatus.

Reactions: Tex

inchmurrin

Back to Khorne I'm afraid and Bryan Ansells Chaos Marauders, a bogof ( by one get one free for the non Tesco shoppers.) Guardsman Toyne this time. I followed the style of the Orclords one on SoL but I feel the face on the shield doesn't stand out well so may go back to it.

1134685667_o.jpg

1134685658_o.jpg

As always comments and criticism encouraged.

inchmurrin

A few more for the gallery.

I am making progress with my versions of Bryan Ansell's Chaos Marauders. this is Chorsheema the Impaler, Goblin Champion. Only a couple to go.

1135440764_o.jpg

1135440760_o.jpg

Then a militia type for my prospective Forbidden Psalm warband, perhaps not grim dark enough but another mini saved.

1135440767_o.jpg

1135440766_o.jpg

There's more of a story to the last one. I have been reading Michael Moorcock especially Elric since Stormbringer was first published and read some of the short stories in New worlds. Last year a new novel was published so I decided to read everything Elric again this time in chronological order (if such a thing exists in the multiverse). This led to me encountering again Ulric von Bek mercenary captain in the 30 years war and of the family with the motto "Do the devils work". Then I read Jon Boyce's excellent article in the current issue of 28 Mag on the Citadel Eternal Champion miniatures. He suggests the cast can be extended in interesting ways, great article by the way sir. So I decided an Ulric von Bek mini was needed. Here his is a Perry pre slotta fighter, no pistols but he like most at the time used these from horseback.

1135440770_o.jpg

1135440768_o.jpg

The front view is from a bit of a high angle I'm afraid. As always comments and criticism encouraged.

inchmurrin

I've been Oldhammering AoS plastics again for a Midwinter Minis competion on Instagram #Sporktober23. It's a combination of Spooktober and Orktober mine being in the undead section. She's, yes another female, an AoS Evocator converted to a necromancer inspired by one I painted for my Heroquest games with my granddaughters, he's proper oldhammer and in one of the pictures for scale. The scalecreep is scary.

1137370066_o.jpg

1137370072_o.jpg

1137370063_o.jpg

1137370059_o.jpg

As always comments and criticism encouraged.

inchmurrin

Ah my excuse is I'm preparing for when the arthritis stops me carving up metals. And it's a she which i agree would work well in Necropolis maybe i should post her on the discord?

Great job all around! Love seeing those chaos marauders painted up and I don’t recall if I’ve mentioned my adoration for your lovely hybrid monsters, very inspiring work!!

Back