Forum Migration

MrBlipvert

That said I do now get what you want. User journey wise as I understand it you'd like (hypothetical) this to happen:

• You arrive on the forum and head into the painting showroom and think - wow that long thread by Eric called World Building looks pretty damn cool.
  • You click on the main link for the thread and read page 1, so impressed you read page 2
  • Alas you are called back into the real world and leave the thread part way down page 2, you close your browser.
  • Returning the next day to the site you return to the painting showroom node and click on the shiny where I left off button and it takes you to half way down page 2 where you'd scrolled to the previous day.
  • You read another page or two and leave it again
  • Returning you once again click on the shiny where I left off button and again you are taken to the last point you scrolled to in the thread.

Is that correct?

Nothing to do with the actual content of what you said but ... I just joined and I'm having a little trouble with inline code. Specifically, I couldn't use the HTML tags to create an unordered bulleted list.

This Xeno Forum forum post suggests that it has been a problem but you seem to have been able put bullets in your post. I'd be dead dead grateful, if you could tell me how you did it. (I'm using Firefox but had the same problem on Chrome--and I tried the "Inline Code" and the "Code" options in the posting menu.)

Thanks for your patience!

EricF

Administrator
For lists you shouldn't need to use the code or icode BB tags. Raw HTML won't work, it all has to be BB Code. For a list you would use:

Code:
[LIST]
[*]First Item
[*]Second Item
[*]Third Item
[/LIST]

Which will produce:

• First Item
  • Second Item
  • Third Item

There is a brief guide to the BB Code the board supports here: https://forum.oldhammer.org/help/bb-codes/ Some BB Code can be nested and some can't so maybe that's where the trouble you've had with the code tags has crept in?

MrBlipvert

For lists you shouldn't need to use the code or icode BB tags. Raw HTML won't work, it all has to be BB Code. For a list you would use:

Code:
[LIST]
[*]First Item
[*]Second Item
[*]Third Item
[/LIST]

Which will produce:

• First Item
  • Second Item
  • Third Item

There is a brief guide to the BB Code the board supports here: https://forum.oldhammer.org/help/bb-codes/ Some BB Code can be nested and some can't so maybe that's where the trouble you've had with the code tags has crept in?
I used to know this off by heart. :oops: :roll:

Apologies. Thanks for your patience.

Back