Did anyone see Kent Martin’s Dark Elf Army?

Raedwald

Hi all,

No doubt like many, at the time, and over the years since, I‘ve taken much pleasure from the White Dwarf army showcase articles from the early-1990s.

While Andy Chamber’s Skaven article is the seminal work, and ranks as one of the all time best articles published in WD IMO, Kent Martin’s Dark Elves will always have a place in my heart too.

Does anyone else have fond memories of the small 1000 pt army of just forty-odd miniatures? I found it hugely inspiring for what great things could be achieved at a practical scale and for a reasonable budget.

Tantalisingly, a couple of later issues mention how he expanded the force with more characters and regiments, but never provided photos of this.

Does anyone remember seeing the expanded army, or better yet, has anyone got or seen photos of it?

Attachments

• IMG_20240503_153227783~2.jpeg
    IMG_20240503_153227783~2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240503_153211584~2.jpeg
    IMG_20240503_153211584~2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Raedwald

Yes, my experience too, exactly. :)

I’d love to see what else was added to it, given the amount of time I spent scrutinising those photos.

Bong0_clive

Hi all,

No doubt like many, at the time, and over the years since, I‘ve taken much pleasure from the White Dwarf army showcase articles from the early-1990s.

While Andy Chamber’s Skaven article is the seminal work, and ranks as one of the all time best articles published in WD IMO, Kent Martin’s Dark Elves will always have a place in my heart too.

Does anyone else have fond memories of the small 1000 pt army of just forty-odd miniatures? I found it hugely inspiring for what great things could be achieved at a practical scale and for a reasonable budget.

Tantalisingly, a couple of later issues mention how he expanded the force with more characters and regiments, but never provided photos of this.

Does anyone remember seeing the expanded army, or better yet, has anyone got or seen photos of it?

This article, and there was an article about using the new fangled metallic paints on the same models.

I bought that regiment, but never thought I could do them justice, so never got paint on them.

Back