Citadel JD, Paranoia AND Gothic Horror

Good effort, but I suspect that the night horrors range would be a collecting nightmare. For a completist, at least. Still, the thrill of the hunt …

Sleepysod

Yeah there are a few which are on the rare side.... still most of them seem to come up at a reasonable price so will slowly chip away...

Sleepysod

Painted up and old Citadel miniatures Dr Who ‘Leela’. The range fed both the Judge Dress and the Gothic Horror ranges. Originally I thought she was the basis for the Gothic Horror ‘She’ miniature but they are actually quite different.

symphonicpoet

Interesting stuff! I'd have said she has a kind of Conan vibe going on a bout her. I'm clearly not familiar enough with Dr. Who. (And more familiar than I strictly need to be with Conan.) Anyway, either way, she's a cool miniature and you've done a great job painting her up. :)

Sleepysod

symphonicpoet":2qmjgh5a said:
Interesting stuff! I'd have said she has a kind of Conan vibe going on a bout her. I'm clearly not familiar enough with Dr. Who. (And more familiar than I strictly need to be with Conan.) Anyway, either way, she's a cool miniature and you've done a great job painting her up. :)

She was a companion of the Tom Baker Doctor (i.e. The best doctor) in the 1970’s. It was (is) a kids show but had an adult following. She was played by an actress called Louise Jameson and was an action type character from a primitive world which, I think, worshipped some computer which had set itself up as a god or something like that. Anyhoo it was an excuse for her to be dressed in a skippy outfit and she was definitely added to the show as something to keep the dads watching.

Still, she was definitely part of the golden age of Doctor Who.

Sleepysod

Well… we are done. All 78 of the Citadel Gothic Horror range that were actually produced are now painted up. I feel elated and exhausted. This is the 2nd range I have ‘completed’ and am making good in roads into a few others. Here’s the money shot

Sleepysod

Indeed I am. Now I need to complete the night horrors (this may take a while) and go back to some of the rest of the led pile. Many more that require some paint splodging…

Back