BOYL

Fimm McCool

With the possibility of Foundry moving and Bryan's death I wouldn't expect anything to be announced for a couple of months at least. Last I heard the likelihood was that Foundry would actually be staying where it is, but the future of the company remains to be seen.

ManicMan

Foundry don't seam to like to do much updating on their blog.. latest news is from December 2021.. but with Bryan's death.. I'm not sure how involved he was in the company these days but I think it was still in the family being involved, so it would effect things..

Fimm McCool

It's been mostly run by Marcus and Diane for a while now. I guess Diane will continue to hold the reins for the time being. The sense I got from Marcus is there will be an offer to host BOYL but where and when is still undecided and not likely to be known anytime soon.

annagul

I will try to keep an eye with new information about this. I'm planning to travel to Nottingham to attend this year BOYL with my family.

ManicMan

as a large scale Oldhammer gaming day or classic style gaming in general? cause.. while BOYL is kinda too far for me (I guess it would be possible but.. too big.. too many people) I don't think there are that many major events like it in alot of ways from what I know..

symphonicpoet

The closest thing I've been to was an event called Oldhammer in the Jerz. It's not the same, since it doesn't have the cast of GW legends in attendance, and the location isn't the same as playing at Foundry. But the variety of games is generally similar and at least close to the same quality. It's smaller, but it is quite good. There's some private events that are also pretty close in quality, if not size. For sheer, concentrated Oldhammer magic probably nothing will ever equal BOYL in size, scope, or location. It's in the place where it happened, as it were. And so the people that done did it are or were all there. There are some very nice regional Oldhammer events, and I'm in favor of more. But I also very much want more BOYL.

Back