BOYL 22 - Labyrinth of Chaos

Scalene

Banner-small.jpg

The icy winds blow across the Northern Chaos wastes, and out of the swirling snow appears a shimmering labyrinth. Bandits, mercenaries, fugitives, the spurned and the desperate, find themselves drawn towards it. Looking down on them are the Chaos gods, keen to find a champion who will triumph over the others, so that god can exult in their victory to the dismay of their divine competitors.
A fantasy Chaos warband game in which you are not the champion, but the god. Use your influence to select and control your chosen few from those entering the labyrinth. When they succeed, you can reward them, but if you are not careful, another god may steal them from you. If one of your champions falls, then never mind - there are plenty of others to push forward to greatness.

Gradually the champions will be forced into the centre of the labyrinth, where they must battle until only one triumphs.

An all-day Saturday game on one of the big tables in the marquee. It'll be for lots of players, bring your own models or use ours. I have already had expressions of interest from quite a lot of players - so please contact me if you want to participate and your name is not already on my list.

Grumdril

OK, I'm interested. I've only just got BOYL into my summer calendar and I'm not sure what to participate in yet, something with a low model requirement sounds like just what I need! Fimm obviously has some idea what you're planning, can you expand on your intro at all? :)

Scalene

Yes, it's definitely going ahead.

At the start the players have no champions. There are thirty or so assorted warriors – humans, dwarves, elves, orcs etc milling around outside the labyrinth. Players have three Influence Points which they secretly allocate to attempt to control one or more champions. You can take over other people's champions, but the more experienced they are, the more difficult that is. The champions can recruit followers from the labyrinth, and the more rewards the champion has, the easier it is to recruit.

The warband will be built up on the day, from a random selection of orcs, goblins, dwarves, elves, beastmen, thugs, marauders, warriors etc - whatever the champion encounters. If you bring a few of each, plus about three champions, you should be covered for most eventualities. The labyrinth will be populated by generic models - if you recruit them then you can swap in one of your own models if you have a suitable one, in order to give your warbands more of an identity.

Braxandur

Scalene":1es1m689 said:
Banner-small.jpg

An all-day Saturday game on one of the big tables in the marquee. It'll be for lots of players, bring your own models or use ours. I have already had expressions of interest from quite a lot of players - so please contact me if you want to participate and your name is not already on my list.

Interested and will send a PM

Back