Boyl 16 Rise of Morcar, or HeroQuest the battle or BFFG

Fimm McCool

Erny":283h1003 said:
The summoning wizards are not free, you pay for them, you decide the level doing the summoning but the higher the level the quicker the summoning. Its a tactical decision.

Normal for equipment is hand weapon free the rest we pay for

Seriously? Crap then I guess I'll have to bring but not field the Wizards of Morcar. Seems a shame as they're the most appropriate characters but there's no way I can reduce further and keep them meaningful. Maybe someone else can slot them in? A necromancer, elementalist and high mage going begging!

Erny

I can find room in the undead army for the necromancer, the elemental its and high Mage are thematically harder, I never understood them at the time to be honest. Bring them along and we'll work it out. I assume you have a home for the Orc shaman but he'll fit in fine with the or. And goblin list, just let me know.

Golgfag1

Ah, there's a good point , should I bring my daemons as well; as in, how many of these things are we likely to need?

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

jprp":2rk7qrp1 said:
if all our spell casters are tied up in the main summoning, not many.

I think that's what the GM is trying to balance for the 'Summoning' side - a case of - do you go for a reasonable number of low level minions, which takes longer to raise the main man, or a few high powered boys & gals who will get the job done faster, but won't be able to do anything else, whilst their summoning - the all powerful man, who raise the daemon horde himself; leaving the battlefield in the opening turns to the tender mercies of the other sides magic - an interesting dilemma for you guys :grin:

Here's an interesting question - can I make a Mammoth an elite champion? 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

weazil

Hi chaps

Don't worry about the summoning wizards. You don't need to pay for them, you don't need to make characters to represent them. Fimm - please do bring your wizards of Morcar, they will be exactly what is needed. Don't make characters for them, I'll get to that in a bit. All part of the scenario.

As regards mundane equipment, yes, this does need to be paid for, including barding. The only thing that's free (for ease of processing, remember) is the mount. I still want you to feel the desperate inconvenience of just not having enough points to achieve something...

Snickit

Sometimes, especially when they're free, one really does worry about the lack of riding beasts in the Skaven list :?

Fimm McCool

weazil":1yj0ylqh said:
Don't worry about the summoning wizards. You don't need to pay for them, you don't need to make characters to represent them. Fimm - please do bring your wizards of Morcar, they will be exactly what is needed. Don't make characters for them, I'll get to that in a bit. All part of the scenario.

Great, understood! That means I can pump my Dirachs back up to level 10, hussah! I really do hate taking Lv5 wizards, even buying their spells!

On the subject of raising the main man...

Attachments

• morcar2.jpg
    morcar2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 1,686

Erny

weazil":1me6hacz said:
Hi chaps

As regards mundane equipment, yes, this does need to be paid for, including barding. The only thing that's free (for ease of processing, remember) is the mount. I still want you to feel the desperate inconvenience of just not having enough points to achieve something...

There are many things about the original senario I'm happy to forget but the summoning dynamic was not really one of them. The whole point is that the good guys have the very hard task of attacking and choosing to either go straight for the head or buy time by capturing the stones,m remeber capturing a stone requires one of the good wizards to do nothing and we are paying for them! However to balance that slightly the evil side has to decide to use his heavys to summon more quickly or forgoe the speed for more power in the battle. Free extra wizards and all of a sudden the bad guys have a cake walk.

Golgfag1

Erny":12jec6p2 said:
There are many things about the original senario I'm happy to forget but the summoning dynamic was not really one of them. The whole point is that the good guys have the very hard task of attacking and choosing to either go straight for the head or buy time by capturing the stones,m remeber capturing a stone requires one of the good wizards to do nothing and we are paying for them! However to balance that slightly the evil side has to decide to use his heavys to summon more quickly or forgoe the speed for more power in the battle. Free extra wizards and all of a sudden the bad guys have a cake walk.

Appears a reasonable assumption

Paul / Golgfag1

jprp

Golgfag1":19vdidg1 said:
Erny":19vdidg1 said:

Paul / Golgfag1

With all the Gyrocopters and war machines the summoning wizards will probably be dead in turn one.

Snickit

jprp":w8b9ktmm said:
Golgfag1":w8b9ktmm said:
Erny":w8b9ktmm said:

Paul / Golgfag1

With all the Gyrocopters and war machines the summoning wizards will probably be dead in turn one.

You ain't seen how many Great Eagles they've got.

Ps - you're starting to sound like me lol

Erny

Well the plan for the senario I had was that the magical powers had created a swirling vortex of wind around the summoning site, flyers couldn't get near. I have no idea what Gaj is proposing now so will leave him to fill you in.

weazil

Hi Erny

I'll discuss more on the day. The key thing is that I don't want anyone specifically costing the summong wizards - they're 'special' and I guess that's as much as I can say ;)

Regards
Gaj

weazil

Hi all

Can I get a list of all the water feature terrain we have avaiable amongst us, please?

Also, what is the list of 'spectacular' or 'unusual' scenery pieces we have?

Thanks
Regards

Gaj

Erny

I'm currently building a large hill to sit in the middle on the base line of the chaotic side for the summoning to take place on, its tiered for playability but not in an ugly way and is either 2, 3 or 4 tiers heigh depending on how you set it up. Its just under 4' wide at it's widest point. i'm making a few more largeish hill while we are at it.

I have four weathered standing stones for the channeling stone objectives.

I have a river I made years ago that may well stretch the width of the table it's a few inches wide and has a ford. It is painted brown to represent a sluggish lowland river filled with silt and glossed to reflect the light. Some people prefer blue rivers so be warned.

I have a set of tracks that could cover much of the board and had plannned to bring a village including windmill and crop fields. I have some big Brittains trees that could sit round it.

Also bringing some of the big rocks and torrs, one with a cave and various ledges.

I have one of the plastic ruined temples that could be used as a summoning place.

Golgfag1

Hi All,

I'm planning on bringing two battle mats, three or four hills of about one square foot in diameter, I've also got some hedges and a suitable house, as for water features I've a stone bridge about 2 inches wide which could span a gap of about four to five inches. Also, a number of trees & a piece of felt which can be cut up to from various shaped woods or one big forest and about three feet of trench which you would have seen at the siege game. Tell me what you want and I'll endeavour to bring it. :grin:

Hope this helps

Paul / Golgfag1

Erny

Ah yes a battlemat and a very similarly coloured 8'x4' green cloth, also used in the siege game. We should have enough green to cover the table.

jprp

For the amusement of the good guys- i just spent hrs doing chaos attributes for my army and one of what should be my most powerful characters has Cowardice AND Stupidity :?

Back