Boyl 16 Rise of Morcar, or HeroQuest the battle or BFFG

Fimm McCool

jprp":3no00t3b said:
For the amusement of the good guys- i just spent hrs doing chaos attributes for my army and one of what should be my most powerful characters has Cowardice AND Stupidity :?

If any of my characters get out alone they ALL have stupidity! Not sure how Bran is going to benefit from covering mist so have to hope I roll well!

I'm packing a stone circle and probably a barrow and a standing stone. Do we need any hedges etc as I have quite a stock of them. Oh, and I'll TRY and get the trees there. :)

Snickit

I'm bringing a few hills a box of generic trees, a green cloth just in case, an awesome High Elf Tower along with High Elf decorative pillars (both battlefield in a box pieces) and the cardboard push out scenery from the Tears of Isha campaign pack (mansion (works better as a shrine cause it too diddy), Tower and Oberlisk).

weazil

HI all

Scenery sounds good - basically, I want as much of that as I can. I'm not going to use it all, but I want to pick the best pieces. Priority is standing stones, water features, hills, temples, ruins and trees. Everything after that is gravy. Roads always make for a visual spectacle.

Right, with two days to go, I still don't have any army lists for the commands that have not yet been claimed. I have a backup if a command does not have characters prepared for it, but this is your opportunity to set up the commands around you to support you. We can flex a little on the day, but I don't want us to be stuck on admin and character creation and 'meditation'.

So, I've created a new column on the command sheets called 'who is making the army list' - if you are taking on the challenge, please put your name in the slot. If no one has actioned one by, I dunno, Friday evening, I'll implement my plan b. It's not as great as you making the list, just in case you were wondering.

Thanks!
Regards

Gaj

weazil

Hi chaps

Another thing - does anyone have a printer and a digital copy of the 3rd edition templates?

If so, do you think you'd be able to print out a few copies of the templates? I have a feeling we'll need a chunk of those...

THanks
Regards

GAj

Golgfag1

weazil":3je8fkin said:
Hi chaps

Another thing - does anyone have a printer and a digital copy of the 3rd edition templates?

If so, do you think you'd be able to print out a few copies of the templates? I have a feeling we'll need a chunk of those...

THanks
Regards

GAj

If I've got the templates, I'll see what I can do.

Paul / Golgfag1 :grin:

Thanks for the game everyone yesterday. It was tremendous fun - my head is still reeling!
I thought it might be cool to collate all the photos of the game that are in the interweb (Facebook, blogs etc) and that people took for a definitive document of the event. What do people think? Not sure at the moment where the best place to publish it would be.

It would be great to weave some kind off narrative around the photos but I'm not entirely sure we'd be able to work out the chronology from what we see but may be best once we have the photos in.

jprp

I think fun was had by all, roll on the next one.
Most of my pics are not great, they seem whited out by flash or too dark.

Golgfag1

Dear All,

Just a quick message to say thanks to all who took part in the games it's self (Chris, the David, Alan, John and the chap who's name I didn't get, sorry) , but particularly Weazil /Garth who set out the limits, goals and certainly met my expectations and more; and thanks to all those who came up and expressed their appreciation of what was happening. :grin: :grin: :grin:

The one thing I would ask of everyone - If, you took any pictures of the game, please stick them on your blogs, forum and newsgroups etc and show everybody just what wonderful insanity BOYL brings to our small corner of fantasy wargaming. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• The Game a view from one corner.JPG
    The Game a view from one corner.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 2,389
  • The Game a slightly different view.JPG
    The Game a slightly different view.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 2,386
Think I'm that other person Golfag. Real life name Ashley. Find it hard to remember real life names myself when most of the rest of the year I refer to people by online pseudonyms!

I've blogged a fair bit about this game and spread it all over the OC Facebook group. I'll add these pics to the pile. I think I have about 80 - 90 so far. Tony Yates took a fair chunk of 'em. :grin:

Golgfag1

Again, Thanks for being such a sport Snickit, I now have evidence that the Ladz at the third attempt got on to a table at BOYL :grin: :grin: :grin: and your pictures aren't bad either, particularly like the close-up of the 'C' series giant 8-) 8-) 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

OK, finally down loaded the rest of my pictures of the BFFG. :grin:

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• More reserves arrive!.JPG
    More reserves arrive!.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 1,732
  • The reserves arrive.JPG
    The reserves arrive.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 1,732