WFB1 An Exorcism

Warhammer Fantasy Battle 1st Edition
an exorcism

the village of hillmend has been beset by a sudden rash of hauntings; the villagers have sent to their lord for assistance but there has been no reply, and the messengers have not returned. in desperation the villagers have decided to make one last try by sending their best and strongest members. the village priestess and a small group of other brave souls has set off along the forest road to the manor, to find what has happened to their lord and the earlier messengers. by the time they catch sight of the manor night has fallen, and all seems dark within the house.

Overview

a wraith has manifested in the graveyard’s mausoleum, has turned the local ghoul population to its will, and is raising other undead in an attempt to become the necromantic power in the region. they have succeeded in killing the lord of the manor and his household, who have risen as ghosts.

Armies

Battlefield

the game is played on a 3'x4' table with a road leading down the centre of it's length to a graveyard. the manor house is located to the right of the graveyard. the rest of the table should be wooded.

Deployment

the heroes deploy on the first 2” of road opposite the graveyard.
once deployed, skeletons move randomly until the heroes are within line of sight, at which point they will seek to engage them in combat.

Special Rules

this scenario is intended to be played with one or more players controlling the heroes and a gm controlling their adversaries.

Victory Conditions
[objectives and VPs]

the heroes need to destroy the wraith in order to win the game.

Attachments

• the heroes.jpg
    the heroes.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 533
  • the villains.jpg
    the villains.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 533
  • the battlefield.jpg
    the battlefield.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 533
Last edited by a moderator:

symphonicpoet

That's a fun little scenario! Very creative. I bet you could adapt it into Rogue Trader pretty well too. Replace the ghosts and ghouls with cultists and hybrids. (Maybe the lord and lady are hybrids now.) Cultists could be reasoned with. Purestrains might appear randomly instead of skeletons. And to win you have to off the patriarch. . . . Or the classic Tiny Tyranid
(tm) running the whole thing. (Meaning the old hunter slayers, which were originally tyranids.) Anyway . . . I love it! If you don't mind I might just try to run a version of it.

twisted moon

symphonicpoet":1ph1qk32 said:
If you don't mind I might just try to run a version of it.

of course, that's why i posted it.
if you do amend it for wh40k:rt, please, post your version on this board for comparison. with your permission i'll then link to it on the oldhammer discord forum.

symphonicpoet":1ph1qk32 said:
I bet you could adapt it into Rogue Trader pretty well too. Replace the ghosts and ghouls with cultists and hybrids. (Maybe the lord and lady are hybrids now.) Cultists could be reasoned with. Purestrains might appear randomly instead of skeletons. And to win you have to off the patriarch

i'd be tempted to go with one of the psychic warp entities as the end of level boss, and then work out what everything else is in relation to that. the lord of the manor would likely be an unsanctioned psyker in that case.

symphonicpoet

^That's not a bad idea, but I've never been comfortable with the psionics rules and I pretty much never use them. Let me see if I can figure out how they work! :grin:

Back