A thoroughly Scottish island board for Salute 2024

Fimm McCool

It won't be long until it's April so I thought I had best get moving on The Woods display/demo board for this year's Salute. I have decided to draw from two amazing Scottish islands- Fingel's Cave, Staffa, and Fairy Glen/Castle Ewen, Skye.

IMG_20240115_160928114.jpg

IMG_20240115_160940035.jpg

IMG_20240122_113748917.jpg

IMG_20240122_113844291.jpg

More photos and commentary on THE BLOG. Painting to follow...

A very impressive board, looking forward to seeing it finshed and I can defo see the Fingel's cave vibe on one of them. Excuse my ignorance, as I'm not aware of Salute 2024, but are these going to be for a display, or for actual gaming purposes?

Fimm McCool

For demo games. I'll be running slightly reduced games of The Woods on it. 2' square (rather than the usual 3') for extra speed and probably with 2/3rds usual warband size.

inchmurrin

Looking great, having been to both of your inspiration locations I think you have the atmosphere perfect. If I made mine as a board it would be truly boring except the possible inclusion of cowboys and highland cows the hobby of a former owner of Inchmurrin island.

Fimm McCool

Ooh, I do need to get some highland cows... The Gripping Beast ones are ok but a tad uninspiring, got any suggestions?

ManicMan

fair enough ^_^
looking at Gripping beast.. yep.. they are

Not sure at the size but warbases have some

and so do Alternative armies

EricF

Administrator
Looking brilliant. Love that little spiral staircase to ... well who knows where, adventure certainly!

Back