A not so little side project

dazza36

So taking a break from the dwarfs to work on this beauty.

giant9.jpg

EricF

Administrator
Nice. Will it be the giant or will you surprise us all with a chaos spawn at the last minute ;)

symphonicpoet

One order of Marauder Wild Wings to go, please. You have a legs and feet deal to go with that?

Lovely stuff! Can't wait to see what he turns into.

Machen

That's a beauty alright. I like what you're doing with the varying metallic colors and highlights.

Fimm McCool

Looks like a solid base. I know what you mean. I tried painting some 54mm fantasy figures a couple of years ago and really didn't enjoy it. The techniques are so different it was like learning to paint all over again. All the little tricks you pick up for small figures don't work on a bigger surface.

OuteRimTim

Sorry to hear its a grind. The paint job looks good so far, and the extremities (arms, hands and such) look really sharp.

dazza36

More weekend progress on the giant. Only thing without any paint are the bottles and that's because I hate trying to paint glass objects !

giant11.jpg

giant12.jpg

EricF

Administrator
Looks like it's coming together nicely. The barrel wood is looking very nice. Not that you were probably planning this, but he'd also look pretty neat with grey hair actually!

dazza36

Not a massive update but have now given everything a coat of paint (apart from head!) and have taken the big decision to glue the arms on to body. This has made it very top heavy so need to get a base done quickly before it can fall over !!! Always struggle with glass bottles but although not the best still happy with them.

giant14.jpg

giant13.jpg

ManicMan

Bottles look fine to me. I find don't even TRY to paint them as transparent too much or anything because you need to be bloody good to get it just right..

as for falling over.. mm.. I wonder how he compares to the 4ed 'Fallen giant' template.. ^_^

Back