2024 Legacy Theme Runoff Poll

What . . . shall be the theme for the 2024 legacy warband!

• The Great Escape in Space

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Flash Gordon

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EricF

Administrator
maybe instead of a poll we should have selected a member from each side and let them settle it in the traditional manor?
flash_gordon_sky_city_fight.jpg

ManicMan

I'm a bit surprised it's gotten to needing a run off ^_^ interesting to see how things go.
never read much of Rosemary's Baby apart from a couple of extracts.. seamed like a watered down version of The Dunwich Horror to me.. but that was just my impression.. maybe if I read the whole thing, it would be less so ^_^ Read the complete fiction of Lovecraft (and some essays), not read any Ira Levine.

symphonicpoet

Oh lord, I proposed the Great Escape in Space. Who proposed Flash Gordon? Do we need to dress up in character for this fight? I can live with an RAF uniform.

symphonicpoet

^That's all right. As long as you have the rocket pack. I'm not sure if it's good for you, or for me, mind. Probably depends on how well it works. ;)

EricF

Administrator
Gordon's ALIVE, no wait, my mistake ... Great Escape in Space it is ...

Can I bag a terrain piece this year then? I was thinking in homage to dioramas of old a slice through of the prisoners's hut on one side with some space in the interior for minis, tunnel leading down and along under a little bit of yard (space for any minis dropping soil), sentry tower in the yard (space for a guard or two), fence, tunnel exit. Do people think they could work with something like that? I thought it'd be nice for whoever wins to have both minis and somewhere to display them. Will do a sketch of what I have in mind in a bit.

ManicMan

sounds pretty nice. Funninly, in the current Flash Gordon newspaper strip, he is in prison for the murder of Ming II (one of Ming's many sons) and while Dale is trying to find out who really did it, he is having to look into a prison escape from a prison he shouldn't have been put in and prisoners are just left to rot.. Kinda ties into great escape there ^_^

twisted moon

Can I bag a terrain piece this year then?
you might want to consider the implications of posting that across the atlantic and of symphonic having to post it out to whoever wins. if you're both okay with that, it sounds great.
oh, don't forget to put an ambull in the tunnel

EricF

Administrator
I can always see if any other UKers want to consolidate stuff with me and I can send it on in one go and throw in a few dollars towards onward shipping! (or I don't mind doing the collating this year if UK is a not worse hub)

Not thinking crazy big, but hopefully if I get the design roughed out quickly then it can be tweaked as needed to fit everyone's models. Like the idea of someone doing an ambull. I was thinking in the classic "wall panel" diorama type style - so in this style, but not as tall!

e62bdbe15e7b05a1eb84d4f662976305-3343474683.jpg83cec4c9fa70238da76604341dc6ca22.jpg

EricF

Administrator
Granted my skills are not up to Mr McVey, consider it a homage. But if people like the idea of a little display roughly I thought something laid out like this:

escape-diorama.jpg

Perhaps with aquarium type jungle foliage on the right since that always feels quite oldhammer to my mind. Anyhow space for taking on feedback - if someone does want a tunnelling creature then we could add that bottom right digging in. What to do with the hut space? Second floor? Another guard post space on the roof? Put the "cooler" somewhere in there? Tunnel entrances open/closed? Lots to flesh out.

Hopefully once a few minis are selected then the idea can be refined. Besides I need to scale it appropriately!

ManicMan

getting time to start to work out a character type list?

Lets think..
* Hilts (McQueen) - so Captain who likes Bikes
* Hendley (Garner) - a Scrounger who is able to find stuff on the black market
* Bartlett (Attenborough) - RAF ringleader of the Escape
* Ramsey (Donald) - the group captain and highest ranking officer among the group (leader of POW side)
* Welinski (Bronson) - Expert in tunneling but claustrophobic
* Blythe (Pleasence) - The forger (.... anyone a fan of Punt and Dennis? shame there TV show you can't get... only a very cheap VHS (ripped to DVD) of the 'best of series 1' but.. the Forger is a classic bit of theirs)
* Sedgwick (Coburn) - Australian who can make anything (Why do i pitch this has to be a squat?)
*McCallum - works out how to get rid of the dirt
* MacDonald (Jackson) - Second in command
* Dickes (Leyton) - Co tunneller
* Ives (Lennie) - Nervous scotsman (is that possible?)
* Cavendish (Stock) - Surveyor for the tunnels
* Sorren (Russell) - Security for the POWs
* Griffith (Desmond) - Tailor for the Escapees

* Von Luger (Messemer) - The Kommandant of the camp
* Werner (Graf) - Young guard who is exploited for black market stuff
* Kuhn (Reiser) - Diehard Gestapo
* Strachwitz (Riebauer) - senior NCO guard
* Posen (Freitag) - Adjutant to Von Luger

That's.. probebly the main and a few more but not all the role types.

symphonicpoet

I'm down with letting EricF consolidate. The UK is certainly a better hub than my front porch. It'll force me to not wait until the last dang minute, too. (And my wife won't be looking at me funny thinking I had an eBay bender.)

Back