I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 club

Aiteal

Re: I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 cl

Thanks Asslessman, I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the models when the kickstarter gets underway.

Asslessman

Loving this, I have a soft spot for paladins I have to say and this one is very nice !

Plaiecivile

No 65 Giant spider

I have bought Warhammer Quest second hand over 15 years ago and I never painted the spiders, leaving the original owner's paint job as is, completly worn out to the plastic!
So to get back into painting after such a break, I decided to go simple, and why not finaly paint that giant spider?!

Matt in PA

Very cool. It's always nice to see the Quest stuff painted up. Good work on that dungeon tile, too!

Plaiecivile

Thanks Matt, Im actually in the process of painting the whole box set to my actual taste... plus a couple of additions for more interesting senarios like that mothe spider. The hardest so far is to find a balance between what I want, and the actual time I have to spend on the project!

Ti Pouchon

No 66[6] - Greater Deamon: Balgorg the Baalrukh

12615364_955448087858896_8373256132521691384_o.jpg

I have never painted Balgorg the Baalrukh before. Have you?

Funny thing is that ten days ago I didn't even know this guy existed. Browsing the 'bay I discovered him in an auction - which I promptly lost - and decided I just HAD to have one.
Using the help of the fine folks of the Oldhammer Trading Company, I promptly procured one and as soon as he arrived, I cleaned, assembled and painted him. Not the way things usually are around here!
Just the kind of mini 12-year-old me would have been excited about. It's all there, the generic badassery, ridiculous power metal pose, oversized weapons... brilliant! Everything that is great about the 80ies. His name really should come with 'röck döts': I call him Balgörg.

Even funnier thing is that I have absolutely no current use for him. None of the "projects" I currently should be working on call for an 80ies power metal demon.
But then, every mini-based system should give one an opportunity to plunk down a big, bad hero-killer from hell. And now I can.

Mister Rab

Your link's dead (or invisible to me), Chris :(

That beasty deserves to be seen!

antipixi

Mister Rab":tzqi67ct said:

Does it work now?

Mister Rab

antipixi":1ivodyeg said:
Mister Rab":1ivodyeg said:

Does it work now?

Yup :)

69 - AD&D gnoll

I've never painted a gnoll before, but my fascination with the medieval idea of cynocephali and my enjoyment painting this fellow means that the Otherworld gnolls I picked up last year for a bargain might actually see some paint soon. Well, soonish. Well, eventually... :roll:

2016-02-16%2B14.30.37.jpg

Did you see that the next plastic set for Frostgrave is Gnolls?

Oh, and great job on him, he needs an army to back him up now.

phreedh

Nice one Antipixi... are those dragon droppings in the top right background? :grin:

Also, that gnoll is a lovely model with an equally lovely paintjob. Nice one Rab!

Blue in VT

#70 Chaos Thug

I've never had the pleasure of painting a Chaos thug...until now...here he is:

Cheers,

Blue

Attachments

• Thug Combo.jpg
    Thug Combo.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 4,788

MagpieJono

71 A C28 Giant...

Bought this old Citadel giant without a weapon so weapon added from an old giant mummy. I think he looks cool with a dragon's leg as a weapon. Shows he's really hard. Look at me I ripped a dragon's leg off and now I'm going to hit you with it!

ardyer

I've never painted a Bob Olley model, now I've painted 3:

Naagruz

Lovely orcs! They look so nasty!
Bob's stuff is fun to paint. :grin:

ardyer

Naagruz":22npbkf1 said:
Lovely orcs! They look so nasty!
Bob's stuff is fun to paint. :grin:
Thanks! There is definitely a learning curve to painting Bob's models. I should have started with much lighter tones.

Back