Old miniatures rereleased

phreedh

Niibl":174aah4m said:
and some Metal Magic miniatures (the ranges seem incomplete but there are some from C1047, C1048, C1007, C1010,C1011, C1043)
If anyone is ordering from Omni, I need to get in on a single mini (OMF0016, 38mm OGRE W/ TWO WEAPONS, Price: $4.50) - I missed it when I ordered from them a year or so ago and it's the one piece they own that I miss and I can't justify postage for a single model from the US.

Also, take note - there are several fantasy range Metal Magic demons hiding in their Sci-Fi category.

Aiteal

McYellowbelly":21y8thma said:
MarkH":21y8thma said:
And of course the superb (and never out of production since the 80s) Denizen Miniatures

http://www.denizenminiatures.co.uk

Multi-part Dwarves to make you drool

Remember seeing their ads in Military Modelling years back.
They look really nice figures, Legion Of The Damned are very tempting.
How are they sizewise? Proper 25mm?

Legion of the damned are tiny, def closer to old 25mm.

zoggin-eck

Anyone else read this?

http://www.ironwindmetals.com/d/node/1830

I'm a bit over Kickstarter/crowd funding, but I'm pretty excited to see a chance of anything Tom Meier being back in production.

That, and I wouldn't mind a copy of Chaos Wars. Let's hope it works, unlike RAFM's attempt with Universal Soldier last year :(

Protist

Made me think - imagine if GW did something like that. "We're hoping to re-release all the original RoR sets from the early 80's as the first wave of a re-release of every model for which we still have usable molds/masters". And then I remembered that they aren't specifically a miniature manufacturer but a modern corp. and wouldn't want to dilute their brands and licenses thing.

Part of me prefers old lines to be OOP. The search for a particular mini for less than a pint of beer, or happening across that 'perfect stranger' that you've never seen before, being some of the fun. Part of me wants just a few more models without the hassle of tracking them down :roll:

Protist":gxvtwiqu said:
Made me think - imagine if GW did something like that. "We're hoping to re-release all the original RoR sets from the early 80's as the first wave of a re-release of every model for which we still have usable molds/masters". And then I remembered that they aren't specifically a miniature manufacturer but a modern corp. and wouldn't want to dilute their brands and licenses thing.

Thing is, it just wouldn't be financially worth their time investment to do it, it was the main reason they stopped the archive service; no one was buying the old junk.

For all it's bluster, shouting and blogging, Oldhammer is a tiny minority of GW gaming. The vast majority wants new and shiny toys, not old and (subjectively) crap ones.

Protist

dieselmonkey":4gwlyc56 said:
Thing is, it just wouldn't be financially worth their time investment to do it, it was the main reason they stopped the archive service; no one was buying the old junk.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. That and finding all those minis on their website would be a nightmare of sluggish page loading and javascripted menus

dieselmonkey":4gwlyc56 said:
For all it's bluster, shouting and blogging, Oldhammer is a tiny minority of GW gaming. The vast majority wants new and shiny toys, not old and (subjectively) crap ones.
We may be in the minority, but WE SHALL BE HEARD :o

Protist":1v1j7h2m said:
dieselmonkey":1v1j7h2m said:
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. That and finding all those minis on their website would be a nightmare of sluggish page loading and javascripted menus

dieselmonkey":1v1j7h2m said:
We may be in the minority, but WE SHALL BE HEARD :o

Having said that, I would *love* it, just because it'd make AlexTwattaway financially (as well as morally) bankrupt.

Protist

Hahahaha. Does anyone actually know him? There'll come a point where one of 3 things will happen:
a) He runs out of money to keep listing stuff that doesn't sell
b)he retires/gets bored/realizes his poor moral stance and gives up on his Wobblehammer money grab
c)he, & most of us too by then, actually dies (not wishing this upon him, I'm not that bad, but mortality catches us all eventually).
This will result in an enormous garage sale where minis are traded for packets of crisps and pocket fluff and the BIN prices on ebay finally recede to realistic values causing a collective sigh of relief followed by rounds of beer being bought by Oldhammerers :lol:

A Badger

Not so sure on either of the last two topics:

Have a look at his feedback - lots of people do buy-it-now amazingly.

Second, re GW reissuing old stuff: there would definitley be a market for a selection of their back catalogue - a limited release of say Old Spiney a.k.a. Great Spined Dragon (they definitely still have the moulds) would be snapped up - pun intended - perhaps with a special numbered certificate - I know how you collectors all love those!

There is a market - & I assume they must be aware of how much some of their old stuff goes for on ebay. They'd just need to be discerning about what they released - and keep it limited.

I hold out more hope that the 3rd Ed Bretonnians moulds are sat in Bryan Ansell's shed, and may one day see the light of day.

Also I read the Chicken Dragon moulds & rights were sold long ago - no idea who to - maybe one day that will surface too!

Fimm McCool

Seconded. A Citadel Classics range would be ace. But do they even have the capacity to spin metal anymore? A failcast Spined Dragon would be a terrible thing in all the wrong ways...

Yep i have put in a preorder. I have gone a bit Bob Olley mad recently. Going to make a whole chaos army a la Bob...

They also added a couple of spikey chaos hounds.

Fimm McCool

Protist":8fr6cntr said:
That and finding all those minis on their website would be a nightmare of sluggish page loading and javascripted menus

Exactly why you need TROLLS back again. Those Mail Order Trolls were legendary. :) Many a time I got on the phone to someone who knew exactly what codes I needed from my vague description of the kind of part I was after.

Back