Oldhamer Legacy Crew 2015 ("Arrr!") - Sign Up and Progress

axiom

The wind is in our solar sails and the gleam of alien riches is in our eyes! The 2015 Oldhammer Legacy Warband theme is Space Pirates (Arrr!).

Contributors
1 axiom - human pirate (Received)
2 Fimm McCool - Blanchian lovely (Received)
3 Mister Rab - human pirate (Received)
4 MoodyGit - Kim Hawkins, cabin girl (Received)
5 Mr Tough Guy - catperson mercenary (Received)
6 Whiskey Priest - human pirate (Received)
7 antipixi - ork pirate Received
8 cheetor - grot pirate Received
9 daddyorchips - ork pirate Received
10 theottovonbismarck - something unique and awesome Received
11 Niibl - goblin (Received)
12 gerner - plasma engineer Received
13 Warhamster - gretchin (Received)
14 Captain Crooks - cybertroll (Received)
15 Jeff McC - Eldar renegade (Received)
16 Asslessman - renegade marine (Received)
17 Citadel Collector - alien bounty hunter (Received)
18 littleleadperson - human merc (Received)
19 optimus - ork or merc in power armour (Received)
20 symphonicpoet - frog (Received)
21 Lord Chaotl Oml - boardingrobotmachinethingy (Received)
22 Matt in PA - squat engineer (Received)
23 Firebreather - human mercenary (Received)
24 airbornegrove26 - ninja zoat Received
25 theresponsibleone - boson (Received)
26 DAGabriel - slavemaster (Received)
27 Count Von Bruno - scout renegade (Received)
28 Phreedh - human juve (Received)

Current crew status (14/10/15)
Crew%202_zpsxxnmubsb.jpg

More recruits as of 10/11/15:
Pirates%2010.11.15_zpspq8hgqxy.jpg

How does this
Legacy Warband thing work anyway?

As a reminder, all contributors agree to paint and contribute one model to the pre-agreed theme (space pirates - see below). You paint the model and post it to your friendly neighbourhood organiser (me - axiom). All contributors are entered into a draw, and the winner out of the hat wins the warband for their collection.

What's the timeframe involved?
Models to be with me (axiom) by Saturday 28th November 2015, with the draw taking place in 1st week in December (with the ambition to have the warband with the winner by Christmas). I have taken the executive decision to keep the longer timeframe as per the 2014 project, conscious that several potential contributors were concerned about a shorter timeframe and the ability to source, build and paint a suitable model.

What models can I contribute?
The theme is space pirates; suitable models might include human mercenaries, rogue space elves or orks with shoulder squigs and bionic peg-legs. Renegade Space Marines, deserters and ragged scum will also find a home here. Feel free to use a fantasy model and stick a lasgun or bionic claw on it...simply use your imagination and see what happens! The project is an Oldhammer project, but that doesn't mean you need to donate a vintage Citadel model - if you have something that looks right from a modern range or alternative manufacturer, then that's all well and good!

How will this warband look coherent?
Good question; by its nature, a rag-tag band of space corsairs will be varied and individualistic...in fact that's probably part of the appeal with this theme.

Spot Colour: We have agreed to use turquoise as a bright spot colour which should be used somewhere on all models (hat, scarf, gun casing, boots, striped trousers etc) to show the allegience of this disparate gang of scum.

Basing: As for basing, we have agreed that the winner will do the basing for the warband. This will ensure that a) the warband is coherently based and b) the warband fits into their own collection. However, models should be provided on a round slottabase, with the slots filled with putty, greenstuff or similar, and painted black.

How do I take part?
This thread is where you formally stick your hand up and commit to participating. Simply reply to in the thread, stating what model you are likely to contribute (this can change at a later date), and I will amend the contributor list above.

Any questions?!

axiom

Re: Oldhamer Legacy Crew 2015 ("Arrr!") - Sign Up and Progre

OK then folks - stick your hand up if you fancy contributing. The key (only?) decision we probably need to make is on colour scheme. Given the theme, I don't think we need a coherent colour scheme like last time, but a consistent spot colour to tie them all together is probably a good idea. With that in mind, I've stuck up a poll.

Fimm McCool

Polled. :) And I volunteer to contribute a Rogue Cyborgyn.

Vyper

November? I should be able to get a model painted by then... Right?

axiom

Vyper":13u9vvz6 said:
November? I should be able to get a model painted by then... Right?

It's got to be possible ;) What shall I put you down for? :razz:

Mister Rab

I'm in - after the shame of withdrawing last time I'm determined to take part properly! A human pirate from me.

MoodyGit

I'm in, apparently I've got to fix something though so I have to have a rummage. Description to follow...

roebeast45

I'm in. A human mercenary tech more than likely.

roebeast45

Should we start a separate progress thread or post it here?

Rawhead

I'll throw my hat in the ring for this one, with an ork pirate

axiom

roebeast45":2urxd1v5 said:
Should we start a separate progress thread or post it here?

Stick your progress here...you're welcome to link to a modelling thread or blog, but any time you advance your contribution, put at least one photo in this thread also, so we can all see it.

Chico

I'm in and it'll be a Dorf/Dwarf/Squat Freebootarrr:)

Sign me up, not sure what I will do, probably a human mercenary type based on a space marine, but will have a scrounge through the lead pile to see if I can find something more interesting

Just John

I'm in. I'll paint a pirate. Possibly a short green pirate. Either that or va buxom wench pirate. Either way it'll be piratical.

roebeast45

This'll be my entry. I hacked off his arms the year the mini was released and have been waiting to refurbish him for a while. This creates a perfect opportunity.

Pirate%2BTech.jpg

This thread appeared fast! Count me in and I'll be doing a human pirate of some sort. Probably very piratey!

axiom

Excellent choice of source model Brian :)

Blue in VT

Im certainly in! But am not sure what I will be doing....I'll update you once inspiration hits!

Cheers,

Blue

antipixi

Put me down for another human space pirate. Sounds fun. :grin:

Back