Some Thunderers

Galpino

I bought these in about 1993, but only painted them this year. They were really fun to paint, except the one on the right which I think is older (and therefore more oldhammer...)

Attachments

• DSC04656.JPG
    DSC04656.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 3,089
  • DSC04657.JPG
    DSC04657.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,089
  • DSC04658.JPG
    DSC04658.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 3,089

Galpino

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm quite proud of these. I think the first three were easier to paint because of the amount of bold flat surfaces. The blue and black were quite tricky to paint because I only have inks or inappropriate artists greasy gloopy paint in those colours. I'm putting my other four thunderers on the WIP section. Oh, I've also added photos from more angles above.

Blue in VT

These are some of my favorite figures to paint as they are each great individuals. I'll attach a pic of mine below....sadly I only have 5 painted at this point with lots more to do!

BTW all the dwarfs in your picture are from the same release and therefore the same age...classic Marauder MM16 dwarf thunderers.

I look forward to seeing your next batch!

Cheers,

Blue

Attachments

• BlueInVTRound10.jpg
    BlueInVTRound10.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 3,077

Galpino

Thanks for sharing Blue, yours are great. It's interesting that they're all the same set, I think it's the long legs and relatively small belly that convinced me otherwise.
You're right about the fun in their individuality, that's one reason mine are so motley; another is that, resembling renaissance mercenaries, they seemed to beg for individualised outfits; mostly it's because I imagined them as independent fighters defending their homes and lands, not uniformed imperial soldiers, nor indeed bloodthirsty, quarrelling mercenaries.

Galpino

I've finished the second batch of thunderers, completing my collection! I hope you enjoy them.

Chris

Attachments

• thunderers2.jpg
    thunderers2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,727

Tuskerton

I love these! Especially the guy in the yellow and red stripes. The scope on his musket is really good.

I have these models too and will hopefully get around to painting them.

Galpino

Glad you like that guy Tuskerton. I followed a tutorial for the musket scope! I'd been looking at a lot of old photos before painting these, which inspired some of the bright colours. I think my favourite is the green and white stripes. I'd never attempted stripes before and it took a couple of attempts. He looked like quite a boring model to me before Iadded the stripe, and I think it really makes him interesting. Thanks for your comments.

Back