Re: Chaos stuff -08/08/2020 - Ganjee sculpted

axiom

Re: Chaos stuff - 14/07/2014 -The Earl of Jabberwick Green

I'm staggered at that painting - when ever I attempt fades it just ends up looking either muddy or downright awful!

Asslessman

Faaaar too much awesomeness in that thread. That Jabberwock is waaaaaaay too beautiful. You should consider lowering your standards, please, not only are the painting skills displayed making us jealous, but the clever ideas are also also making us (at least me) silly for not thinking about them earlier.

I love your work so much I'm nearly sure all your models are shouting to be the next on the painting range...

Goodness me thanks everyone. But, I must also point out that technically I am not that good, cant do freehand or fine detail. But in spite of this limitation I am content with what I have got painted up so far and enjoy showing them off ;). Getting the terrain board done to match the basing really helped to bring them all together. With the Earl, I stole some ideas from Don Hans. The colours are done by building up very thin layers of paint, thinned with a bit of glaze medium and plenty of water, without using much in the way of washes. These days I have largely switched from MP range to Vallejo range, and I use a lot of the very bright lurid colours from that range. For example, I have something called "magenta fluo" which looks like radioactive nail varnish in the pot, but when applied to miniatures, mixed with a bit of light blue say, gives a nice violet. Also it is good for highlighting purple. Generally shading is painted directly into the recesses. The place where I used a wash is on the cheeks, a blue wash over red. It muddied the colours quite a lot, even after some red highlights, but in that case I think it looks ok. You cant see it in the above photo, but in one or two pics from the batle report you can see what I mean.

More generally, I cant really give a recipie for that, I just buggered around with him adding layers every now and then whenever I got bored of doing disc riders, and with some luck it more or less came together.

Once i finish off a few finishing details of the disc riders, I will put some close ups. Knowing my painting rate, that will be in about 3 weeks time...

Re: Chaos stuff - 19/08/2014 - Minotaur

To comemmorate and shamelessly plug the Heresy kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/he ... e-monsters
I have based up this Heresy minotaur to match my chaos army/terrain. Painted him last year but he was in sore need of a rebasing. He is one of my favourite minis. Here he is with his boss, Zogbad champion of chaos undivided:

Attachments

• DSC00739.JPG
    DSC00739.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 2,980
  • DSC00736.JPG
    DSC00736.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,980
Re: Chaos stuff - 19/08/2014 -Minotaur

Here is the Marquis de Flamme, an eminent member of the warband of Archduke Moonface.

An early work in progress shot:

Here he is after i finished sculpting.

I had decided that I wouldnt buy any of the old flamers because they seem to be expensive to get hold of second hand. So I started work on sculpting. Then sure enough a job lot of 10 came my way for a "bargain". But nonetheless I thought I would finish him. Maybe the regular flamers will appear painted here in due course.

Dooz

Re: Chaos stuff - 29/11/2014 - Marquis de Flamme

Don't know how I missed this thread. Awesome stuff, loving it!

Asslessman

Re: Chaos stuff - 29/11/2014 - Marquis de Flamme

Great potential with this one, the wide eyes could really make something creepy, Really curious to see how this one will look.

Re: Chaos stuff - 14/03/16 Flamers

Just a quick update now that I finally have got geared up again for taking photos. A chaos warrior of Tzeentch:

Sorry for the poor photograph. Need to adjust the set-up a bit it seems.

Re: Chaos stuff - 03/07/2017 Zuufos Warriors

Here are five Zuufos Warriors. They proved to be more photogenic than the heroquest guy. I just need to do the banner and paint a couple of Zuuf symbols on their glyph plate things and they will be done.

Zuufos+Warriors.jpg

Edit: i replaced the pic with one enhanced for brightness.

Now I am working on two units of heroquest chaos warriors all in different metals. My plan is to use all 12 of the colourchange paints by Greenstuff world. Preliminary findings are good. The metal effect really comes together after bright highlingts and then a glaze or two over the top. Some reviewers have asserted that highlighting spoils the colour change effect but this is not the case if done carefuly. I am not sure how well they will photograph but I will try to take pics once I am finished.

Jonas

Great rusty/orange colours. This unit really comes together. Very nice!

A sorcerous dragon carrying globe of change

Attachments

• purple dragon.JPG
    purple dragon.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,556

Plaiecivile

Good to have you back on this thread! Great update on your Tzeentchian creations!

Back