The Civilians of Outland.

Mason

I have recently been making some Outland civilians for a future Kickstarter campaign and have been playing around with the 'leftover' bits of green stuff to modify some inhabitants of the Lead Pile to flesh out the place with some one-off conversions to add a few more characters.

First up is new Noif Herder in town....

4805-301118151409.jpeg

...converted from an old GW Ork Runtherd, he was fairly straightforward, I really needed to hide the massive ears that he had, though, as they made him look for too 'Orky' for my liking. Hence the bigger shoulderpads.
;)

With a suitable alternative paint job he should fit in just fine.

Here are a couple more in the form of some Avian type aliens....

4805-301118151438.jpeg

Most of you will instantly recognise the Emperor's Royal Guard body.
I recently picked up some Imperial Assault figures and these two fellas were among them.
Seeing as I could not see any real need for them, they were quickly earmarked for the treatment.
A quick head removal, a fur ruff and some jewellery along with a CP models Avian head attached and they were done.

After a friend suggested it, I added a third member to the Avian group with a little more dynamism in his pose.....

4805-021218172530.jpeg

...I see him as their boss giving them a rollicking.
;)

I reckon they look just fine and will stand out a little with their extra height.
.............................................................................................

Here is another Imperial Assault refugee.....

4805-301118151313.jpeg

4805-301118151345.jpeg

No had idea what the beastie is, but I did recognise that it tried to eat Natalie Portman in one of those prequel films.
I had no use for it as it was, so I decided that it would carry one of the Blind Beggar Children of the Sands on its back while he went out hunting.

It will from now on be known as a Swamp Rat.
;)

I am looking forward to painting this one so it will not be long before it is introduced to Mr Brush.
:grin:
........................................................................................................................

And lastly, for now.....

When the Force Awakens came out I grabbed a couple of the Disney die-cast Speeders as they are perfect for 28mm gaming with very little effort....

4805-160918111551.jpeg

I wanted to make a transport vehicle for the Baronial Troops for my Outland setting.
As I wanted all the figures to be standing in this vehicle, I pulled out the seats and headrests and then removed the gun to make more room.
This was really easy as the are just 'plugged in'. A quick pull with a pair of pliers and out they came.

I gave the vehicle a quick drybrush to help with later painting and added a few green stuff details to help change the look to something a little more 'retro'. and hopefully less 'Star Wars'....

4805-160918105959.jpeg

A Baronial Guard would become a driver by the simple expedient of making a cut downwards behind the gun, removing both the gun and his hands, and a simple control unit and new hands were added. Also a new 'mask' was created to give him a slightly different look.

http://leadadventureforum.com/gallery/35/4805-160918110027.jpeg[/lmg]

(I still need to finish the sleeves... but that wont take long ::)).

And here it is, with the driver in situ prior to painting.....

[img]http://leadadventureforum.com/gallery/35/4805-160918110059.jpeg

And here is the thing after painting....

4805-031118203406.jpeg

4805-031118203435.jpeg

.....and better pictures will be taken when it is finished.

I have painted the various crew for it but am still undecided whether or not to fix a 'leader' type in place.
I shall take pictures once it is finished.

Back