Ya'ng'w, the King-Slicer

ardyer

And behold, for I have come unto thee from distant shores, guided by the Gods supplicate at your feet. Although I have cloven the kings of Ind in twain, the gods have directed me to follow thine righteous path. For alone, I have driven the people of the East to pay tribute in the very gold used to forge mine armor and more. But the Gods have foretold that in your service, the whole world shall tremble for our might!
-Ya'ng'w, at the introduction to Shak'nar the Indomitable

I added this fearsome warrior to my growing chaos warband of Shak.nar the Indomitable. A full write up is on my blog (http://www.acceptableradiation.com/2018 ... licer.html) but here are the pretty pictures.

Jonas

Very nice!

It is rare to see such flashy gold armor on a chaos warrior, but it works well.

ardyer

Jonas":38zg6zio said:
Very nice!

It is rare to see such flashy gold armor on a chaos warrior, but it works well.
Thanks! I had to go through the pile trying to find one I thought it would work on.

inchmurrin

Very impressive perhaps I now have a technique i can learn to do the metallic red Khorne nasties I really want for my warband.

ardyer

inchmurrin":1zh0v21x said:
Very impressive perhaps I now have a technique i can learn to do the metallic red Khorne nasties I really want for my warband.
Thanks! We are at a golden age of colored metallic paint now. Between scale 75, Vallejo, and Ammo (or is it AK interactive?) They're are a ton of non-toxic options out there.

Orjetax

It looks great, Ardyer.

Were any of these golds similar to the old citadel shining gold in the hexpot? It looks like maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ardyer

Orjetax":3hhat5ox said:
It looks great, Ardyer.

Were any of these golds similar to the old citadel shining gold in the hexpot? It looks like maybe

Not really. Peridot Alchemy has some green tones to it, but it's very light and not as yellow as the old shining gold, in fact it's almost green-silver instead of a gold. And the rest of the golds are yellow or red toned golds.

Orjetax

ardyer":1ntaoqp8 said:
Orjetax":1ntaoqp8 said:
It looks great, Ardyer.

Not really. Peridot Alchemy has some green tones to it, but it's very light and not as yellow as the old shining gold, in fact it's almost green-silver instead of a gold. And the rest of the golds are yellow or red toned golds.

Dang. I just can’t find a good replacement. Thanks for the insight.

Again, great work here

Back