The Danse Macabre

Mister Rab

Oh, I like them! The chap nonchalantly resting the two-hander across his shoulders while his head is on fire is my favourite. They have a nice Durer vibe to them.

ardyer

Mister Rab":5ixggywi said:
Oh, I like them! The chap nonchalantly resting the two-hander across his shoulders while his head is on fire is my favourite. They have a nice Durer vibe to them.
He's one of my favorites as well. And the whole line is based on the art of Durer and his ilk.

Really like these Skeletons and great how you painted them and different colours used on the bodies - especially the one with the hour glass. I have a couple painted but seeing this post reawoken makes we want to at last paint the rest of them and get some more of these figures.

Padre

They're ace! I love the horn blower. He has no lungs! Nice quiet sort of tune, then!

The one with the torch looked familiar, so I rooted through my boxes and found these ...

hxxfmPE.jpg

I reckon some other figure sculptor was inspired by the same Danse Macabre images. I have searched the googleverse, however, and cannot find a Durer image or otherwise carrying a long torch like these.

ardyer

Padre":38ftost7 said:
They're ace! I love the horn blower. He has no lungs! Nice quiet sort of tune, then!

The one with the torch looked familiar, so I rooted through my boxes and found these ...

hxxfmPE.jpg

I reckon some other figure sculptor was inspired by the same Danse Macabre images. I have searched the googleverse, however, and cannot find a Durer image or otherwise carrying a long torch like these.
I noticed the similarity with the Minifigs models as well. That's party of what I like about them, those were great models but they're so tiny

Padre

They are small, but small people, children and halflings are too. Their corpses leave little bones for necromancers to play with! ;)

Back