Orc War Wyvern

Gallivantes

I concur with previous speakers here.

Adorn it with a sterling coat of your finest hobby lacquer, give it a humorous name and put it in charge of some greenskins! If you fail to comply I will be compelled to file a motion to the board to take said model into custody on behalf of the international wyvern/chimera/hippogriff preservation society alongside urging a full investigation to uncover what other lovely old models you are holding against their will.

Orctober is just around the corner! Now do us proud son!

Niblebitzer

Wait till orctober to paint it and I'll join you with another one. I need to get mine painted and I need a reason to do it. :)

It's funny that, I'd completely forgotten that GW used to put the stats on the back of their boxes. I remember the cool short stories and fluff they used to do, but not the stats.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Orjetax

Golgfag1":6si7ak94 said:
Paint it, paint it, paint it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

YES.

Rip the box open and get some paint on it!

Even better if it hits the table for a game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleepysod

Definitely paint. But I recall the casting on that model being quite painful. Be prepared to do a lot of pinning and filling...

A Badger

Nah. Sell it on ebay :)

On a slight tangent were the horns of the wyvern borrowed from the Lord of the Rings Balrog boxed set; and did the wings get recycled for the big hat Chaos Dwarf flying creatures? Anyone know?

Gallivantes

A Badger":1y17to2e said:
and did the wings get recycled for the big hat Chaos Dwarf flying creatures? Anyone know?
Definitely seems like it. I have the wyvern wings but not the others. I compared them to photos of the CD items and they seem identical to me.

On a similar note I noticed just the other day another pair of "twinned" wings. The Roc Lord of Change and the red period Empire war altar griffon statue. The war altar wings have had their angle rearranged a bit, that's all. Maybe of value for parts hunters with incomplete kits out there — sorry for carrying on the tangent!

A Badger

Wow - that's really useful. And you know what - I think the Wyvern horns are a recast of the Balrogs - or reused worn moulds. There are certain matching patterns in both sets. Cheers.

EricF

Administrator
The cheapest I've seen it second hand (in need of some TLC) over the last year or two was about £50, more often I see people asking £100-150 for it.

If you went on a pure inflation basis these days it would be £30 ... if and only!

EricF":7bce1ril said:
The cheapest I've seen it second hand (in need of some TLC) over the last year or two was about £50, more often I see people asking £100-150 for it.

If you went on a pure inflation basis these days it would be £30 ... if and only!

Thank you for the detail. I usually see the shaman one or Azhag, but rarely this one.

Back