Guideline Prices for Rarer Items - 40K & Epic

Please add to the list:

Rogue Trader Tyranids:
1) Limited Release Dominators (either of the two casts): $50 to $80 USD
- This is based off of acquiring 3 personally, and seeing 5 others all sell in that range in the space of the past 2 years. The current listings on ebay of $292 to $333 USD are a fragging joke. DON'T GET ROBBED!
2) Limited Release Mounted Genestealer Hybrids: $35 USD for BNIB (Brand new in Blister) Each, including the horse and arm sprue.
- This is the average. I'm at 17 of these buggers now, all sourced in the past year. I have seen 2 go for just shy of $60 USD each though. Not sure on the Mounted Maguses, I don't own one yet and not seen one for sale. (So need one!).
3) Unreleased Rogue Trader Tyranid aka The Protonid: Between $400 to $600 USD.
- 4 in the past 2 years on ebay and beyond (lots of word of mouth all over the world that trek!), 1 on ebay went for $460 USD, one went for $400 USD, one went for $580. The latter was a buy it now, the former two were auctions. My own was $450 USD and was from a private sale from a member of the CollectinG Citadl Miniatures Yahoo Group.
4) Hunter Slayer (Termagant): $4 to $6 USD each.
- These are usually found in lots of between 1 and 4 models, sometimes you get 6 to 8 models, this is rarer. Prices range dramatically, but you do not pay more then $4 to $6 USD per model. I own 123 Hunter Slayer Termagants, all acquired via ebay or trader forums worldwide, the majority were ebay based. There's not that many people (none that we've been able to ascertain - does anyone know of anybody with more?) who have that many Hunter Slayers asides from me. I may have gotten carried away. I still need 57 more to hit that 180 mark for 6 troops choices in a standard Force Organisation Chart for 40k, heh.

Hope this helps. :)

Jonas

Personally I have only 18 Hunter-Slayers, but then I bought them for almost free on ebay. First 10 was less than £2 for the lot. :lol: Patience is the key with less rare models!

Con-fusion

I'm surprised that more marines aren't up here.

RT Unreleased Space Marine Standard Bearer US$385
RT Transition Marines (all metal) US$10 to $20

Con-fusion":3f4662xt said:
I'm surprised that more marines aren't up here.
RT Transition Marines (all metal) US$10 to $20

RT marines are common as chips though, on any one day it's easy to get several hundred auctions for them. It gets down to finding the individual ones you need to complete your own collections once you have most of them that is the real challenge. That said, what do you mean by your term Transition Marine? As in the 1986 marine or the 1987 ones, or the transition from RT to 2nd ed?

Aiteal

Auretious Taak":375jsy47 said:
That said, what do you mean by your term Transition Marine? As in the 1986 marine or the 1987 ones, or the transition from RT to 2nd ed?

I would assume armour variant models.

Con-fusion

These:

http://www.collecting-citadel-minia...n_Collectors_Guide#Mark_VI_Transition_Marines

They are metal 1 part marines in Mark 6 armor made at the very end of RT. Size of the mini is closer to 2nd than RT, and there is a decided shift towards a minimalist approach. The weapons are standard sized and shaped, and clearly reflect the 2nd and later asthetic. I have no idea why they were produced, but my guess is that they were the prototypes for the move to 2nd and were abandoned when GW dropped the wombles look.

You can certainly find these on ebay and trading sites, but they can generate some serious bidding, particularly harder to find ones like the marine with two bolt pistols. I have generally been patient, and either landed these in a lot with other marines on the cheap or paid around $10 each. However, I have seen bids on an individual transition marine cross the $70 mark on numerous occasions.

Con-fusion

I never said they were beautiful. :lol:

In fact, in person, I think they are some of the ugliest marines ever produced (nothing tops the plastic marines from the 2nd edition boxed set). They are a horrible combination of the MK7 asthetic slapped onto a super chunky version of the RTB01 lines. Awful.

bug16

Kaaleb":13lkvzmh said:
Can trade some miniatures and there are any RT Marines in the bunch. I saw that this Terminator >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OOP-Warha...31?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item4ad2812e2f are in it. How much is it worth if i want to sell them?

Either I'm getting confused in my old age but that's not unreleased and it's not a prototype so it's not that rare. Or am I missing something in the auction photo? These used to go for around £8-12 but I've not followed their prices for a while.

Aiteal

bug16":soh56p5y said:
Kaaleb":soh56p5y said:
Can trade some miniatures and there are any RT Marines in the bunch. I saw that this Terminator >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OOP-Warha...31?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item4ad2812e2f are in it. How much is it worth if i want to sell them?

Either I'm getting confused in my old age but that's not unreleased and it's not a prototype so it's not that rare. Or am I missing something in the auction photo? These used to go for around £8-12 but I've not followed their prices for a while.

70 quid
sweet jesus
I picked up 5 of them for 20 odd quid a month ago

Yeah, it's just one of the three terminator variants
Probably the lest desirable of the three imho

Blue in VT

Well I'm still interested to know,… But it doesn't really matter because I couldn't resist… And pull the trigger already...;)

Cheers,

Blue

Jonas

I have a few Ogryns and as always the price goes up and down. If you are a patient man they are sometimes available at £5 or less a piece, otherwise I would personally not (and have not) paid anything above £10.

I don't think they are very rare, so it is mostly if you want all combinations of heads, weapons and such that it might be a problem or if you want them Right Now!

Blue in VT

Ok that's sounds reasonable...I picked up one of each one piece sculpt and one multipart sculpt for $10
Each.

Not a great deal but a decent price and one more thing checked off the List...:)

Cheers,

Blue

Jonas

Yes, I think it is a reasonable price and not really that expensive considering the amount of lead or comparing to prices of new miniatures.

Back