Good Trading Tips (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chico

I didn't write these but I thought they could be of help as the Oldhammer Forum grows in size and number of trades being made.

Tips for good trading

1. Maintain good, honest and prompt communication between each other

2. Set an agreed timeline for the transaction to complete. Obviously you can't always predict the unexpected happening, but you should be upfront on when you're expecting to post the item. Be prepared to offer a refund if you can't stick to this.

3. Always be honest , if you're having a delay in posting let the buyer know.

4. Unless items are mint on the sprue/in the box, photo's are a great benefit to show just what 's on offer/you're buying. Also make sure the photos are good representations of what your selling, i.e. no taking a photo from one side because the other side is damaged.

5. Items are packed so as not to be damaged when they arrive and are dispatched within a reasonable amount of time.

6. Take the time to leave some honest feedback when the trade is complete

7. Recorded delivery is your friend. Its only 77p extra and provides both parties with piece of mind and a viable proof of posting. This also offers a degree of safety against the royal mails stupidity.

8. For larger trades like full armies extra insurance from couriers is worth looking at , would you like to post a £200 army and only be covered for £50 if it goes missing?

9. Take the time to send sellers an email letting them know the items you've purchased have arrived.

10. Provide alternative contact details i.e. email address and mobile numbers. This is especially helpful if you are off forum for long periods of time.

11. Sending money via PayPal gift leaves you no safety and should be avoided.

12. If you are a new member be prepared to either send items first or build up your reputation as a good trader with some smaller trades.

13. If a deal seems too good to be true then it probably is

14. Don't be afraid to ask for advice , we have a lot of great members and a great moderation team who are more than willing to help you if you're stuck with something.

15. Painting is subjective , if you are buying painted items always try and get pictures.

16. A persons post count, feedback or forum standing should not exempt them from any of usual steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back