[BURN17]

Zhu Bajie

Working up some kind of combat calculator / game engine in the tradition of Bryan Ansells Laserburn / Confrontation and Julian Gallops Laser Squad.

System pulls in a whole bunch of data / modifiers regards armour, weapons distance then calculates %chances, rolls % dice and returns each

Turn 1. The insane cultist RD DOOM shoots his Heavy Laser at slovenly gangster KOLT-90, and causes light wounds across his legs and body.

Weapon data. Armour modifiers adapted from the WD Confrontation rules.

Attachments

• BURN17_CBT_1.png
    BURN17_CBT_1.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 2,895
  • BURN17_CBT_2.png
    BURN17_CBT_2.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,895
  • BURN17_WPN_1.png
    BURN17_WPN_1.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 2,895

Asslessman

I second Geoff here, The game has proven it can work with lightened rules so making the boring stuff calculate dby an app would be very very VERY VERY cool.

Zhu Bajie

Hey, thanks for the encouragement. I'm reasonably convinced hybrid systems are the way forward, or at least a niche, or something.

Turn 3. RD DOOM takes out KOLT-90 with a laser blast to the chest. So long KOLT-90, may you rust in pieces.

Literally takes seconds to select the options and get a result, but It's a looong way off being any kind of proper app.

Attachments

• BURN17_CBT_3.JPG
    BURN17_CBT_3.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 2,842

Zhu Bajie

Splitting off thread from here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12226&start=50#p91506

AranaszarSzuur":2c8uhnca said:
Would something like that allow Confrontation to be played smoothly with full rules?

Short answer yes. [BURN17] handles all the hand-to-hand and ranged combat. It takes a couple of seconds to get results, with no maths or table-look ups by the players.

It could do the Action-Points as well, but I personally prefer to use physical tokens, so players spend beads, but it's an easy thing to do.

The gang-management and character generation stuff could be added on, but I'd need to dig out some enthusaism for that.

Fimm McCool

Looks like you have the essentials covered. There's no point stripping all the rolls out of the system, where'd be the fun in that? But something such as this which means a game can last a couple of hours instead of a couple of days has to be a good thing!

Back