Useful apps, programmes and on-line resources thread?

Orlygg

Is there any millage in setting up a thread, or even a sub board, for online resources that may be useful to us? Things like dice rollers, graphics packages and other wargaming gubbins. I ask this because I am sure I saw a link once to a site that allowed you to create little cards for your units, complete with pictures but I cannot remember where i saw it!

Just John

Blue in VT

Skarsnik & Old Lead":1t6hu9wt said:
weazil":1t6hu9wt said:
Not pretty, but as dice throwers go, one of the best I've seen, because of user control:

http://dicelog.com/dice

Gahhhhhh!!!

How dare you! One of the greatest joys in wargaming is rolling dice. Stop trying to take that joy away with your new fangled apps!!! :mad:

I agree completely....but this app made our games of remote warhammer a fun possibility....how else could I get my ass handed to me by Gaj so thoroughly from so far away!... :lol:

A tool for every purpose!

Cheers,

Blue

weazil

Skarsnik & Old Lead":2dle1z6l said:
weazil":2dle1z6l said:
Not pretty, but as dice throwers go, one of the best I've seen, because of user control:

http://dicelog.com/dice

Gahhhhhh!!!

How dare you! One of the greatest joys in wargaming is rolling dice. Stop trying to take that joy away with your new fangled apps!!! :mad:

Ah - but you must remember, good sir, that you are the only person on this forum who wouldn't be taken a side for 'a bit of a chat' at their office if they were caught rolling dice and consulting books full of daemons, trolls and chaos spawn.

The dice roller is an uncomfortable, but necessary work around. And it has the advantage of providing credibility for many people when there is the need to 'audit' dice rolls.

Orlygg":3w0f8wb6 said:
Is there any millage in setting up a thread, or even a sub board, for online resources that may be useful to us? Things like dice rollers, graphics packages and other wargaming gubbins. I ask this because I am sure I saw a link once to a site that allowed you to create little cards for your units, complete with pictures but I cannot remember where i saw it!

Was this the one you meant James:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=705

Back