Had a game of oldhammer in my local club.

Erny

I took two 1000 point armies down to the Cambridge games club last night (second time in years). A volunteer was soon nabbed and much 3rd ed fun was had. Soon, said volunteer was enthusing about past battles and deciding he would be finding out all his old 3rd ed stuff. Several other willing victims..er I mean club members showed keen interest and cursed their luck about finding out about our blessed movement only after the first Oldhammer weekender.

Brothers I implore you, out, out and evangelise the good news, Oldhammer is awesome. You also get to play a game, this is good. I shall be returning to the Cambridge club...

Chico

Nice one Erny spread the message to the unwashed masses.. no not the Skaven..well ok maybe!

I plan to start ''Turning'' my local club too muahahah

Asslessman

Allelujah brother !

I have to say last time I went by my local hobby shop, I tried some evangelism around the tables and managed to get the attention of 2 beardy lads rubbing their chin and whose eyes almost shut with some sort of sparkles coming out.
The boss also took out a brilliant eldar pirate painted in the most ROgue traderesque manner and placed it in the display cabinet next to some rubbish.

Yet I'm afraid I'll have to make posters and make them sexy if I want to get to make people play... (or turn Torquemada on the younglings frothing at the latest SM centurion crap)

Anyway, I think you did it the right way. Next time, I'm bringing the suitcase with the books and will just ask "anybody wants to have REAL fun?"

Erny

Yep I think it important to remember why we are doing this. If it is possible to win at Oldhammer it is by being the person that gets to play the most games... ;)

Blue in VT

Erny":h7gpu9hq said:
Yep I think it important to remember why we are doing this. If it is possible to win at Oldhammer it is by being the person that gets to play the most games... ;)

Let put that on a T-Shirt!

Cheers,

Blue

Thantsants

I was most heartened when I introduced myself on the York wargaming club's forum that someone quite quickly mentioned the Dolgan Raiders scenario.

Sadly staff meetings and family life have so far prevented me getting down on a Monday night - going to try next week again...

Blue in VT

I think this is probably the absolute best way to build interest off line.

...if you play it they will follow!

Blue

Erny

Perhaps you have hit upon some sound advice for your own lack of regional interest Blue.

Set up a game at a local store or club and see who bites! Your own table top of dreams as it were.

Blue in VT

Erny":2qjsr7x8 said:
Perhaps you have hit upon some sound advice for your own lack of regional interest Blue.

Set up a game at a local store or club and see who bites! Your own table top of dreams as it were.

Certainly a good idea....but it would require me to have two painted armies... :lol: :grin: :lol: :roll: :?

...I can do that as long as each unit is only 5 strong...hahaha....stupid painting ADD!

That said I think its a good goal to work towards.

Cheers,

Blue

Erny

Yikes now not only do we need to start (rebellious)Colony aid to raise money to get you guys over here for next Oldhammer weekend but also a painted lead donation scheme.

I'm going to have to start a charity for Deprived Colonial Oldhammerers.

Back