A Simple Little Challenge for 2016/17

Snickit

Erny":1uptjlv8 said:
OK I'll do high elves, only problem is a few of the models I'd want to include in this I have already painted. I don't have another bolter crew to paint or another ten sea elf wardancers, these were painted two years ago for the oldhammer ahoy event. Perhaps we can bend the rules slightly given I have no other armies I haven't started on less.

How about this:

Paint 1000pts without that stuff.

At BOYL pick what you want from all you have painted.

Leromides

What were you thinking of as a next step Snickit? Shall we contribute work in progress pics to a common thread, post them as we fancy where ever we normally do or shall we send them to you by some deadline for your blog? I'm assuming some photographic evidence of the unpainted state of the army is required to prevent un-gentlemanly conduct :)

Snickit

Leromides":35do1kpn said:
What were you thinking of as a next step Snickit? Shall we contribute work in progress pics to a common thread, post them as we fancy where ever we normally do or shall we send them to you by some deadline for your blog? I'm assuming some photographic evidence of the unpainted state of the army is required to prevent un-gentlemanly conduct :)

Good question.

As there are not deadlines except BOYL2017 itself and some of you may not even have all the minis for your forces I see no issue with unpainted lead, just want to see the painted pics with your thoughts.

So, how about this, drop me a message, either a PM on here, on this thread or on FB and let me know to check your blog posting or your FB posting (probably a good idea for you to also give me permission to reproduce your photo's) and I'll give you a "shout out" on my own blog and show some WIP photos and any relevant thoughts you'd like me to mention.

The most important thing I should stress is that I don't want to do huge amounts of admin or that'll cut into my own scant painting time and defeat the object but I'm happy to post up a few pics and point people in the direction of your blogs/threads/Facebook postings.

Leromides

Sounds like an excellent plan to me and in particular the idea of not landing you with too much admin. None of us need any more distractions:)

Snickit

Argggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I really didn't get a chance to do this, but I won't be beaten. Tables booked for BOYL2017 on Friday and Sunday. I'm going to be doing Imperial Dwarfs. Blog Resurection to follow in the coming weeks!

Snickit

Defo going ahead now as paint has started to be splashed on my first unit made up of Dwarfs from Bood-Wargames.

They're gorgeous sculpts that fit perfectly alongside the Perry Imperial Dwarfs.

Snickit

The "I'm a Dad with no time OR I'm a slow painter" challenge sneak peak at my WIP 1000pt Imperial Dwarfs.

Attachments

• Dwarf 1.jpg
    Dwarf 1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,462
  • Dwarf 2.jpg
    Dwarf 2.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 1,462

Gallivantes

Yeah they are nice models and they definitely fit in really well.

I like the uniform scheme you're going with. The chaps with fiery orange whiskers look especially nice with it, they really pop.

Snickit

Gallivantes":3uznuvs2 said:
Yeah they are nice models and they definitely fit in really well.

I like the uniform scheme you're going with. The chaps with fiery orange whiskers look especially nice with it, they really pop.

Many thanks, far from done yet on the paint jobs so they look very rough at present but they're coming along very nicely I think.

Grumdril

I do like those dwarves, as you say very Perry-esque. Good to see your progress on these, my progress on my 1000pts has slightly fallen off a cliff in the last month so hopefully this will give me the nudge I need to get back to them.

Paul / Grumdril

Snickit

I'm hoping to have them done during the next week ready for a blog update along with an artillery piece.

Gallivantes

Whoop whoop! Looks great! Model choices, colour palettes, paintjob, basing, the works.

An inspiration to all of us plugging away at army projects thinking "one day...". Hard won victories are worth more et cetera. And that crouching cannon crewman is just the best model ever. :grin:

Snickit

Very kind, I maintain my painting is of a wargaming standard, I'm no Golden Daemon winner but it does get better every time, I don't think these photos are the best for doing them justice.

Thanks once again for your kind words.

Back