C17 Skeleton question

Chico

Hey, right for those Undead collectors i have a couple question regarding the C17 Skeleton range.

First off am i right in saying that the C17 range came both in Slotta and Pre-slotta dependant of when they were released? Rather then the pre-slotta being recast with slottas at a later date.

Second is the picture below the full set of slotta C17's?
cj87ap38ac17skeletons-01.jpg

Cheers
Chico

Chico

Citadel Collector":2ywabiu6 said:
I think I understand your question... ;)

The preslotta C17 and the slotta C17 are different sculpts. Does that answer your question?

Um no heh, first i wanted to know if the C17 range started off as preslotta and as the range got expanded ended up with the last releases being Slotta. And second the picture are they the full C17 Slotta range?

Fimm McCool

By which you mean:

Were the later tabbed C17s different sculpts to the original preslotta sculpts or were they recasts? (I think CC answered that for you)

Does that picture show the entire range- ie. every model ever produced in the series? (No idea)

Chico

Citadel Collector":1nfcw82u said:
Have a good look through the flyers on this page:

http://www.solegends.com/citfly/citfly87/index.htm

You'll see quite a few C17s, but they become "UND2" towards the end. Difficult to say how many of them were technically C17 to start with. There is at least one C17 however that seems to have been dropped from subsequent catalogue entries (the "swordsman" in your original pic).

Arhh great stuff :) many thanks

Harry

Their were 15 different C17 Pre-slottas ... They were originally the Fantasy Tribe Skeletons (1982) but became C17 skeletons. However then they started making multiple variants of the same figure (for about half of them) with head swaps .... so there were a lot more different individuals.

The guys you have there were all new individual sculpts and were done with tabs.
No sculpts from the original fantasy tribe pre slotta C17s made the cut and ended up in the new range.

Which is exactly what Steve said ... only using more words. :grin:

... and no, that's not all of them. Aly Morrison was churning them out. There were over 50 (maybe 70? individual sculpts) before you start into the cavalry.

Harry":387vxp4u said:
Their were 15 different C17 Pre-slottas ... They were originally the Fantasy Tribe Skeletons (1982) but became C17 skeletons. However then they started making multiple variants of the same figure (for about half of them) with head swaps .... so there were a lot more different individuals.

(Puts pedantic collector's hat on) No - the Fantasy Tribe Skeletons were different sculpts to the C17 preslottas. Also there were a lot more than 15 C17 preslottas:

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1985agma ... t10-02.htm

Harry":2krvn5vd said:

OK, having read that again I think I see what you mean but let me expand and clarify (sometimes more words are better ;) )

So at the beginning of the 1980s Citadel had various Fantasy Tribes ranges - fighters, orcs, skeletons etc with the head swaps. Around the time of the first compendium all their ranges were reclassified as "C Series" - fighters became C01 and skeletons became C17. But a little later these "Fantasy Tribes skeletons C17s" were replaced by the "non-Fantasy Tribes non-head swaps preslotta C17":

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1985agma ... t10-02.htm

Then a little while later Citadel dropped the preslotta in favour of the slotta, and the "slotta C17" were scuplted which were different sculpts to the preslotta C17.

Are we there yet? ;)

Harry

Nearly there. :grin:

18 Original tribe Skeletons .... 15 Original C17 Skeletons. (When they first moved the Fantasy Tribes to the C series)

C17/1a) Was FTS 1
C17/1b) Was FTS 2
C17/1c) Was FTS 3
C17/1d) Was FTS 10
C17/1e) Was Fiend Factory 52

C17/2a) Was FTS 4
C17/2b) Was FTS 8
C17/2c) Was FTS 6
C17/2d) Was FTS 17
C17/2e) Was FTS 15

C17/3a) was FTS 5
C17/3b) Was FTS 7
C17/3c) Was FTS 9
C17/3d) Was FTS 18
C17/3e) Was FTS 16

So only 4 of the original FTS did not make it over to the C-series ... They were the skeleton halfling, the skeleton Dwarf skeleton king and the skeleton priest.

They only made head variants for FTS 1,3,4,5, 7, 8, 9. (The generic skellies) Others were more characterful individuals.

They then added more pre slottas but these were the starting 15

Chico

Thanks that's cleared that up :)

Since everyone has been so helpful i have another question:

As i'm till quite new to Undead i'm trying to get my head around the series/ranges, Now the question is what ranges/series had all the different Undead Cav in? As i can't seem to find where the Zombie Cav are listed.

Thanks
Chico

Harry

Five of the original (pre slotta) Fantasy Tribe Cavalry were undead types.
But none of them were Zombies.
Not until Ally Morrison started to redo the skellies did we get more Undead cavalry.
So those are shown in the red catalogue ... including a couple of zombie types and zombie horses.

Chico

Thankyou that helps alot but still having trouble identifying these ones:

Attachments

• $T2eC16ZHJIMFHJ!tutLsBR4U4Chb9w~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16ZHJIMFHJ!tutLsBR4U4Chb9w~~60_12.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 1,165
Chico":82fbl3se said:
Thanks that's cleared that up :)

Since everyone has been so helpful i have another question:

As i'm till quite new to Undead i'm trying to get my head around the series/ranges, Now the question is what ranges/series had all the different Undead Cav in? As i can't seem to find where the Zombie Cav are listed.

Thanks
Chico

There are the Iron Claw undead too.

ardyer

Steve, how rare is that liche with that horse? He's quite nice, but I don't know if I want to get my hopes up :grin:

Back