Nuln Spearman

Zhu Bajie

Prompted by this ident thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=669

Which has a crossbowman in, which looks very similar to the Nuln Spearman.

Crossbow #12:

0104fighters-01.jpg

and

Nuln Spearman:

Mystery1.jpg

The Nuln spearman is a great mystery of citadel collecting, an often advertised but completely unavailable figure, not unlike the wife. boom! boom!

Used to own Crossbow 12, but converted him to a swordsman with an arm chop, and he got thrown out years ago. A shame, because I'd definitely give converting him into a Nuln Spearman a go. Anyway what do people reckon, are they related? Is Crossbow #12 also a rarity? Has anyone ever actually seen a Nuln Spearman? Is it just me or does the Nuln Spearman sculpt look a bit off?

Crossbow 12 isn't rare, I don't think he's related to Nuln, and you've probably got a better chance of winning the lottery than owning a Nuln.

Orlygg

I meant do we know anyone who actually owns a version of the spearman? Is there on in the collection of Ansell, Pollard or Casey for example? Or do we just have a handful of photographs?

Mutantdale

Ah the Braglub (Ork mini for those not aware) of the Empire.. Seen many a discussion on if this mythical mini has been seen with no results so far..

MD

Orlygg":2nvqxxy4 said:
I meant do we know anyone who actually owns a version of the spearman? Is there on in the collection of Ansell, Pollard or Casey for example? Or do we just have a handful of photographs?

No know example in any collection at present - including Bryan's (who is the most likely candidate to own the painted one seen in the ads and books).

There are a number of figures in the same category as the Nuln spearman.

Blue in VT

Ahhhhh....the dwarf wizard...the holy grail of dwarf collecting!

....sigh...

The Nuln spearman is an interesting one....but I can't say I'm too keen on the figure itself.

Cheers,

Blue

Mutantdale

I have only seen one of the rarity miniatures listed and stupidly I had it and sold it without knowing.

Damn thing was the ork too.. sold him to someone on the ccm yahoo board years ago and I have no idea who :(

One day I will go through my emails and see if I can find the pics

Mutantdale":18l1qfki said:
I have only seen one of the rarity miniatures listed and stupidly I had it and sold it without knowing.

Damn thing was the ork too.. sold him to someone on the ccm yahoo board years ago and I have no idea who :(

Was it definitely 100% Braglub?

Mutantdale

Citadel Collector":viaww8ok said:
Mutantdale":viaww8ok said:

Was it definitely 100% Braglub?

Definitely Braglub as I remember the guy commenting on the open mouth and being the last one he needed. I also remember he offered £5 for it which I took as it was just an ork musician to me.

Naagruz

For the spearman, the body looks really close to Rowlocks out of the Spring '87 Journal.
The torso looks resculpted, but they look very similar in the legs & posture. Anyone got one in hand for better pics? :)

The head looks like an obvious swap from the Reik Guard.

Back