What to Paint With Mrs. Orjetax?

Orjetax

So, Mrs. Orjetax is quite artistic.
And is interesting in painting something up with me.

She and I have previously painted the terrain in the background of these photos --
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=658
Took a few evenings, and we had an absolute blast.

She's suggested we paint something with -- lots of detail. Not "ugly." No guns.

I'm more of a 40k fan myself so . . . That's all right out.

I thought I might ask the board for suggestions. What might be fun for Mrs. Orjetax and I to paint together?
Open to all sorts of suggestions -- it need not be oldhammer-y, or even citadel at all.

weazil

Its probably worth checking before we start - the scenario when this suggestion came up wasn't you painting your orcs and she standing next ro you with some chocolate body paint and not much on saying something like "how would you like to paint something with more detail?"

Just because its highly unusual that one's missus wants to get involved, is all. Not that I've had many missus's. So that's not even really experiential.

Anyway, I'd recommend something like a war machine, chariot or a baggage train wagon. They're interesting and varied and have a variety of detail that'll keep her interested.

Perhaps this chap?

c20204elfattchar-00.jpg

Other good choices that no woman could refuse:

c20219dwfwm-00.jpg

Just John

You could always try civilians/villagers. Lots of companies do them so you don't even have to pay an arm and a leg for them.

phreedh

My wife enjoyed painting a few arabian nights models a few years ago, we were using them as pawns for a board game she really liked.

I'm planning to sucker my wife into helping me paint dungeon furniture this summer vacation. I can do the boring wood bits, she can do detailing like gems, bottles, books and such. Could be fun!

Chico

My better half has a 40k daemon force, its all modern (4/5 year old stuff) muck mind you. But she really loved painting the Nurgle and Slaaneshi deamons. The running joke is that her force is one big STI lol

Thantsants

;)

Seriously though the Elf attack chariot would be a good choice. Slightly unrelated note but the only gaming I got the wife to do was her playing as Elves - I think Orlando Bloom :roll: had something to do with it...

Back